Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are great limbs. The best I ever shot I think. Well the best I ever shot for split finger or 3under buuutt........they may not be the best for string walking. They have good lateral resistance but where my problem comes in is on the longer crawls (short range). The radii of the curves on the Extreme is more radical than the conventional Hoyt profile. I think this makes the unbalance of longer crawls more evident. At least so far I am getting groups at less than 50 yds a little longer than wide. I guess it could be from slight mistakes in place my draw or it could be from a little different finger pressure from one time to the next.

So far I haven't found a better limb for string walking than the older Hoyt Carbon Plus. I think the Hoyts or a bit more forgiving of the string walking embalance then the Extremes are.

rusty

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had bought the Extreme to put on the DAS Elite 21" riser. Since I wanted to use the 21" as my go to target bow, I wanted to get a set o limbs equal to the riser's quality. For this one apllication I don't think I did.

I email Border Bows and ask about their TXG limbs. They have an old school radii and a great reputation for lateral resistance. It was nice the Sid had time to email me back with an answer

email for Sid regard TXG longs :-

Sounds good and yes longer limbs would reduce the imbalance of the limbs resulting from string walking, a good choice. I would suggest the Border TXG limbs as they have the stiffest lateral resistance (all our limbs are very stiff laterally however in this regard the TXG have the edge) The TXG’s have a more conventional recurve radii and less susceptible to imbalance caused by the finger walking.

We can accept credit cards however our banks work in Sterling and you have a dollar price it means that we have to second guess the banks exchange rate and commission and so you may be debited slightly more or even less that that quoted. A bank cheque in dollars will do or a bank transfer.

Let me know which way is easier.

Best regards

Sid

What do ya think about a pair of old schoo TXG for the Elite string walker??

rusty

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Rusty, the only problem i have with the Samick Extremes is that they are extreme in performance....crawls don't change much between 20 and 50 yards...keep blowing arrows through my backstop.

If you want some good lateral resistance....contact Steve Quinton with Ibex Recurves...he's fooling around with making his limbs compatible with ILF configuration. His limbs have incredible amounts of lateral stiffness and are really speedy too. I'm sure Sids are good as well, but haven't had any first hand experience with them.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Swan - that is good to know. I have not ruled out pilot error yet.

rusty

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well just becuase I'm a nice guy and work so hard.....I ordered a pair of Border TXG for my DAS Elite Competetion. 36# Long (70"). Sid thought they made good sense for a string walker and you know well that a Scotsman and a Welchman (me) can't be wrong. :)

One thing about the transaction that I thought was funny. Sid asked if I wanted the Border TXG logo on the limbs.........????? Heck yes! I want YOU to know what disciminating taste I have in archery gear....even if I can't hit the 80 yd walk up :highfive:

rusty -lousy shoots can have good equipment too- Craine :)

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Craine family Moto -

it is easier to buy good quipment than it is to use it -

:)

rusty

·
Registered
807 Posts
rusty craine said:
The Craine family Moto -

it is easier to buy good quipment than it is to use it -

:)

rusty
Rusty,

Me thinks you Border on the Extreme(s). :)

By the way, I have a set of Border HexIV ILF limbs, a set of Border HexV-H ILF limbs ordered that should be shipped in 9 to 13 weeks, and a set of Samick Extreme limbs that will be headed my way shortly, if not already!

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts