Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aidan, ozpete, James, TradTalk -

I had a stroke on May 21. I have been in Kerry General Hospital; I will be discharged on July 9.

I will continue to have physio and speech therapy.

I am home in Killlognaveen .

"When faced with a vertical learning curve, the only option you have is to gain altitude . . . LOTS of altitude."
~ Salskov

OK.

Salskov

·
Premium Member
12,784 Posts
I will be praying for your good recovery, I'm sorry you had the stroke.

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Best wishes on a full recovery. I suffered a serious injury in Afghanistan, this caused a left vertebral artery dissection (now occluded). 2 days later I suffered a stroke, after being medivaced to Germany I spent several weeks in the hospital, the physical therapy/occupational therapy over the next few months got me back to almost where I was prior. I was lucky, I regained full function of my left side, only long term issues I still have are numbness in my left leg, memory loss and my inner ear no longer communicates with my brain... That leads to serious balance issues (great for an archer) and now migraines. However, I have been able to recover for the most part and live a full life. I am sure you will also. My prayers for your full recovery.

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Looks like you've a new challenge. All the best with your recovery.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
That is terrible, but on the bright side.. You are still breathing! You are still here and there are still people here that have you in their thoughts. Here's to a speedy recovery, just don't rush things. Trust in the therapy.

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Sorry to hear this, I had been wondering if the spig/rev had turned up, but this is awful. :(
Maybe archery can help with rehab ! I sincerelly hope you make a full recovery mate. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.