Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am a new traditional shooter of about 8 months and shot compounds for close to 30 years. My question is for those that have attended his clinics would I be in way over my head as a new shooter. I would really like to get some quality instruction as there isn't a lot available locally. I see by his schedule that he is going to be in Cody Wyoming in July so it would also make it convenient for me. Thanks for the feedback.

Tim

·
markliep
687 Posts
IME there were only positives to attending - of the 10 people attending it ranged from serious trad folks to a high scoring wheelie target/bow hunter - M

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
So I am a new traditional shooter of about 8 months and shot compounds for close to 30 years. My question is for those that have attended his clinics would I be in way over my head as a new shooter. I would really like to get some quality instruction as there isn't a lot available locally. I see by his schedule that he is going to be in Cody Wyoming in July so it would also make it convenient for me. Thanks for the feedback.

Tim
Some of the best shooters know were finger compound shooters that switched over.

·
Spearhead
3,342 Posts
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well worth the money. Good thing about a new shooter going less bad habits to break. Not only will you learn a lot, Rods class also translates into compound if you so choose.
only draw back, wish I went many years ago

Chad

·
Registered
414 Posts
I took a clinic with Rod after shooting for only three months. He got me on the right road right at the beginning. Looking around the club at the wheelie bow shooters who are dabbling with traditional bows, I pity them. If they had only taken Rod's clinic. Go do it and get it right from the beginning.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My brother had probably shit 50 arrows in his life before taking Rods class, he now shoots way way better than many guys I know who have been shooting for 25 yrs

·
Registered
996 Posts
I've been shooting almost 2 years now. I am planning on attending one of Rods clinics in the near future. Should have planned it before I developed all of these bad habits im gonna have to break.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Realistically a new shooter is working on the basics.....and a world class shooter is trying to perfect the basics .

I think Ben meant to type SHOT :)

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
My brother had probably shit 50 arrows in his life before taking Rods class, he now shoots way way better than many guys I know who have been shooting for 25 yrs
Bet that hurt when he was at full grunt,,,er draw :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Rod - Really I don't think there's anything to correct here. I could safely say this is what I did for the 40 years before your clinic. :D

·
Bart Harmeling
3,384 Posts
I believe it was more difficult for the veteran shooters such as myself, as I/we had bad habits that kept getting in the way of mastering the basics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts