Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at a few videos on youtube. There are so many and some seem not really worth the time, on the other hand I have found a few by Jimmy Blackmon that have some real good tips.

I have limited data I buy per month so just going through everything is not really an option. I have also recently found you can save these on your computer :) .

Small tips I have also found on the forum, these seem often obvious to the experienced shooter but are priceless to me. e.g. Greysides recently explained to me about lowering the bow shoulder, someone else said to check your fingers are still relaxed and not pointed forward after release, from a Jimmy Blackmon video he explained to check your drawing arm height by the wear on your tab.

Thanks all and have a good weekend.

·
Registered
113 Posts
As a guy very new to archery. ...I've learned a lot by watching videos posed by "The Grey Archer" on youtube....he's got a ton of useful videos and he's very iinteresting and almost humble to listen to......."man its fantastic"! (Grey Archers catch phrase)

Reactions: Zulu

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Zulu,

I agree and also find Jimmy's videos, blog, and interviews to be great resources!

Yes! So many of the experienced folks here on TT pass down their knowledge and we benefit for sure!

Some of the "classic" threads here are just that IMO...."Classic"!!!

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are spot on there kestimator.

If you have some time to spare those classics are worth their weight in gold. Jimmy's videos are both informative and interesting. I think it's because he shoots a variety of disciplines.

For me it's not trying to replicate the style but rather those seemingly small tips you pick up on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.