Trad Talk Forums banner

RCore grips: 'The Master'

5K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Point1 
#1 · (Edited)
I was never truly happy with the grip on my 19" F261 (AKA EXE Scream), a palm area shaping and polish that resulted in my hand slipping up and choking the grip throat. This put strain on my bow hand thumb bone. This also resulted in some torquing at times, and so I'd have to wear a glove to shoot it right. Even so, over time it became clear there was something off about it for my hand shape.

When I learned of RCore grips in Greece, I was delighted to see they supported the F261 in some of their popular grip models. I took a look at their 3D visualisation tool and settled on their grip 'The Master'.

It looked perfect, with a very pronounced thumb locator and flat palm area. Taking a gamble, I not only ordered it with a textured palm area, but also the 'lifeline ridge'; the idea of having both a reliable thumb locator and lifeline locator in a single grip sounded ideal. I chose the 38 deg 'medium' model in walnut.

Took a while to arrive (end of holiday season I guess), but here it is fresh out of the box (came in real sweet packaging with a neat little keyring shaped like a grip).

Kitchen utensil Magenta Napkin Fashion accessory Carmine

Automotive lighting Knife Font Magenta Fashion accessory

Helmet Headgear Fish Carmine Fashion accessory

It slid onto the F261 nice and easy. I noticed that in two areas it didn't quite fill the cutaway. I think this not to be the fault of RCore but that they might have the 21" or 17" model and that has slightly different shaping in the grip scaffold. That, or the F261 has been redesigned slightly. Anyway, no matter, fits snug and good otherwise.

Musical instrument Wood Natural material Wood stain Hardwood

Tool Composite material Knife Bumper Automotive exterior

The lifeline ridge has been a game changer. I don't even have to think about grip placement in my shot sequence. It's very instructional in the way it forces your hand into good alignment. I immediately felt better bone-on-bone alignment from the wrist up. Many of the hundreds of reviews of this grip say the same.

I told myself I wouldn't destroy the local Oly archer's targets with my hunting rig (19" F261, 44lb@25" riser Nika N3 mediums, 52lb OTF) any more, but couldn't resist trying it out. Ridge leaves a bit of a red mark on my hand at 52lb pressure, but not painful. Satisfyingly clear to see it right over the lifeline at the end of several dozen arrows.

Here's my first group at 22m. Not the best, they tightened up after as I got used to it, but it goes to show that it doesn't take long to adjust to this new grip right out of the box.

Plant Land lot Road surface Asphalt Motor vehicle

Anyway, this has been an inexpensive yet big upgrade to my kit - a great company to deal with too. Feel like this grip has given me a new bow.

Check them out here. Not unlikely they support your metal riser:

See less See more
#11 ·
I really do like rcore grips, but not the master for some reason it seems wider in the throat. I do like the Kteenos and standard grip. My next grip I’m going to try is the bumblebee to modify for the tribute.
If you already have your modified Tribute grip, you could send it to Aris and he will scan it... then he can build ANY R-Core grip for the Tribute in the future. It does cost a little extra but then it saves messing around with modding.

#8 ·
I've had the RCore Caerus which I liked, and the Standard. I preferred the Jager 2.0 vs the Standard. Both did not have the thumb nub, which I don't like on the Jager 3.0.
But yes, Aris is easy to work with and actually replies to emails - I think has a great business.

#10 ·
I'm not sure which R Core grip came with my Satori, but the darn thing managed to cut about a dime sized raw spot on the first knuckle of my thumb. After modification with sandpaper to remove the little raspy edges, it has worked well for me. A bit too high for my liking, so I will most likely pick up something closer to what you have pictured here.

#14 ·
If you try The Master with a lifeline and texturing, get it in wood. I've read several times now, not just here, that the lifeline and texturing in plastic can be hard on hand at higher poundages. Lifeline on The Master is right on the edge, pretty pronounced. Wood they indent the texturing and lifeline easy to sand down.

#13 ·
I’ll get hold of Aris, the grip I have made now isn’t perfect yet. I like the feel just screwed up on my how to post and got in a hurry and didn’t mark/drill for screw holes.
have Bendys grip on the way for modification.
once I’m happy with the modification it will be duplicated.

Chad

#16 ·
in your palm your big thumb muscle has a curved line near center of palm. called your lifeline. I THINK.
my rcore grip had a sort-of-sharp ridge where that lifeline hits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.