Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyones thoughts on the tradtech blackmax. I was thinking of getting a set mainly for hunting and 3-D. Hows the petformance. I realize they are nothing special

·
Registered
496 Posts
Believe it or not they are really good limbs. Had a set of 50# mediums and they were as good as any other glass wood limbs. Thinking of getting me a set also.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
I've had several sets, good limbs good value. Black color is a bonus, no need to paint them. Best bang for the buck are the wood/glass limbs.

·
j-san = Jason
1,680 Posts
I owned a set of the TradTech wood/glass limbs and they were very good for the money. AFAIK, they are the same as the Black Max limbs but use clear glass instead of black glass. I also own a set of the Black Max Carbon Extreme limbs and they are just a tiny step below the BF Extremes in performance at a $200 savings. A little noisier than the BFs, but I think the cost savings is worth it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys...i guess i will get them

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I have nothing but good things to say about the Black Max series. I put a set of 40 Longs on a Rambo Warf, turned the bolts one out from snug, and they ran a 350 grain arrow through the beams at 195.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
The limbs come in three different lengths. They make a 58". 60" and 62" recurve on a 17" riser. Weights are based upon 17" riser and will be spot on or just a couple of pounds heavy. Listed weight is the minimum. They gain 10% by tightening the limb bolts until the limb bolt sleeves touch the riser. Minimum setting is three turns off of the max.
On my riser, they recommend a brace of 7 3/4" to 8 3/4". Mine tuned quietest at 8 1/4".
With a 19" riser and the longs I get a 64" bow. My 45# limbs yield 52# @ 28" with the limb bolts down touching the riser. At 29", I only get 54#.
Both sets of mine are the carbons. I found them a touch quieter than the standards with a bit less vibration. Now having shot them for a couple of months, I now suspect I could have gotten them quieter by a bit of tuning. When I tried them I just put them on the riser and shot them at the showroom.
A friend has the carbon foam core limbs on his bow. They are really smooth, quiet and vibration free. At they price, they should be.

·
Premium Member
12,792 Posts
I think the Black Max limbs are merely OK, not so great.
For same money range I would much rather have a used set of WW CC Carbons or Hoyt Gold Medalist or CarbonPlus limbs, or the older lower line of SF limbs, such as the SHC model.
And if I am running the Black Max limbs, I prefer the wood-glass ones, not the carbon ones....the ones I've had, 5-6 sets, wood-glass ones were quieter and almost as fast.....
Seeing I am definitely in the minority on this topic......ehhhhh it's ok.....

·
Registered
503 Posts
Unlike the chicken, I DO like Blackmax limbs for the money. Now if one wants to up the ante, and spend more, then that's a different ballgame. My Dryad's are wonderful limbs, but a lot more money. And staying with black, that rules out S/F, which is an excellent limb for the money, but one would have to paint. Sure do like CC carbons if one could find them in camo. Had some of them too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.