Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
23" Revolution. The pivot point of the riser is over the grip off the belly of the riser. Using Rasyad's scheme itbwould be easy to make a grip to shoot off the shelf.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Man Rusty, of all the risers you've shown off, that is one of the ones I'd really like to try and experiment with.

Maybe one day

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just take the ZT rest off. Bolt the shelf grip on and shoot off the shelf

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Hey Rusty,

Nice concept and great sketch. Let me know if you want any materials.

Rasyad

Reactions: rusty craine

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Now your've gone and done it Rusty. ;)

So now to find some woods :D

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a paste up tape up mock up like Rasyad. I used my CXG and graysquirrel arrows. The shelf grip shoots well. Nice riser.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pivot point in the Revolution id aft of the riser under a flat shelf on the grip.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As a try and tape I flattened a side on a wooded Dowell. Tested the length till I could fit an upright arrow pass that would put my arrow down the line. Took, me about 30 minutes till I putting arrows on the spot.

Not sure where are how I am going with it but I is kinda nice. I stuck it on with industrial double side tape. Notbsure would last long

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put my hex 6W 32#shorts on the revolution off the shelf tape up. Shot some more of graysqurrel's arrows with 100 gr top hats. 34# on my fingers.

23" riser making 64" bow shot lights out. Arrow was very visible for gapping. Bow's manners were very nice. I need to, come up with an attractive shelf grip.

Rig will make an excellent local bow for 3D. Will give the locals a heart attack when they see it it signing up for their shoot :)

·
赛
614 Posts
I put my hex 6W 32#shorts on the revolution off the shelf tape up. Shot some more of graysqurrel's arrows with 100 gr top hats. 34# on my fingers.

23" riser making 64" bow shot lights out. Arrow was very visible for gapping. Bow's manners were very nice. I need to, come up with an attractive shelf grip.

Rig will make an excellent local bow for 3D. Will give the locals a heart attack when they see it it signing up for their shoot :)
Rusty -

As big as the footprint of the top of the heel of the grip is, you could just shape a block of wood to match that footprint. Front edge of the block simply butts up to the back face of the riser. Put a 5/16" bolt with a leather/velcro tab face into the the plunger hole (grind the bolt head thinner if needed). Radius the top of your "shelf" block to line it up both vertically and fore and aft with the bolt face. Could then either epoxy the block to the top of the grip or DF tape it.

:cool:

Regards,

Salskov

Reactions: rusty craine

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Rusty,

When you come to get your limbs bring the riser with you. We would like to get a closer look at the grip and attachment. CNC is a wonderful thing. LOL

Mike

·
赛
614 Posts

Curiosity question(s) - what spine are you shooting and have you by chance put the rig through your chrono?

Regards,

Salskov

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Curiosity question(s) - what spine are you shooting and have you by chance put the rig through your chrono?

Regards,

Salskov
Shooting 35-40 spruce 5/16" with 100 gr hot top points. I just cut then off 1/2" at a time till I got the arrow down the line. Not sure how long they are. I'll get my interpretation of a chrono reading, which may are may not be relavent to the actual speed. oddly chrono graph readings are sunken tie to me with out a clicker. My mind figured out we ate faster speed readings and it may cheat when shooting thru chrono. I have to put target up and shoot for groups thru the chrono. LoL

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alas, no. I am shooting the bow with the temp rest. It does shoot well. I am still trying to figure out why I like the riser so much??

I did have to put some double stick tape between grip and riser. I was getting a little grip rock.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was dialing in some arrows this morning. I got a hard spot in the butt.

Good 30 yard group for me. Got to do a little more trimming. still a bit weak

·
赛
614 Posts
""Good"" 30 yard group, the man says . . . Eeeyowtch maybe 5 years down the road for me if I practise hard!

Or maybe if I got the inside line with some Divine Intervention. :p

BTW, did you ever get a chance with the chrono?

Regards,

Salskov

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL, I only post my best groups. That was one out of ten. The other thing is at the currant arrow length 30 yards is point on

sorry I have not put the riser thru the speed trap yet.

The 23" (this one) does not have the slots in the cut in the alloy bar. So it could be used in most of the 3D shoots

·
赛
614 Posts
LOL, I only post my best groups. That was one out of ten. The other thing is at the currant arrow length 30 yards is point on

sorry I have not put the riser thru the speed trap yet.

The 23" (this one) does not have the slots in the cut in the alloy bar. So it could be used in most of the 3D shoots
The slots you refer to - are they the "aiming" device I read about somewhere that disqualifies a 25" from 3D and possibly FITA Barebow? Would you have any pics showing the two ?

Regards,

Salskov

1 - 20 of 24 Posts