Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it to be disturbing about what is taking place in the worlds rain forests. The deforestation, slash and burn and the bulldozing are destroying the last frontier, not to mention displacement of tribes of people. At the rate they are going they will no longer exist after 2040. Scientists have not come close to identifying insects and plant life, and probably will not have the opportunity to do so. About 25% of prescription medicine come from rainforst plants....that they know about.

I will not bore you with facts that you can read for yourself. I am wondering what your thoughts are and what the consequences might be if all is destroyed.

It seems that we are bent on destroying beautiful and precious things in the name of progress. This one just might come back to bite us.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
those same biodiverse forests are also carbon sinks that cannot be replaced. the incredible speed with which our native grasslands are disappearing is having horrible effects on the bee populations, which pollinate our food crops. we must, as a whole, think that the end is near considering how badly we are treating the only home we have. we have already shot ourselves in one foot, & are now taking aim at the other...:mistake:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My thoughts are that as a peasant I have no way of effecting the out come in any meaning full way that won't get me shot.
If it carries on,,,,,, and it will.
Then we are all buggered.
Look at the earth only 200 years ago and think of what it will be in another 200 if we carry on at the same rate of destruction.
May as well just light a doobie an forget about it because we're past saving ourselves now anyway.

I need to shoot something.
John.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
My thoughts are that as a peasant I have no way of effecting the out come in any meaning full way that won't get me shot.
If it carries on,,,,,, and it will.
Then we are all buggered.
Look at the earth only 200 years ago and think of what it will be in another 200 if we carry on at the same rate of destruction.
May as well just light a doobie an forget about it because we're past saving ourselves now anyway.

I need to shoot something.
John.
John, it was peasants that stormed the Bastille in France & executed the useless rich of France. and they did not possess firearms of the sort we have today. go ahead & light a doobie, but do NOT forget about it. think hard on just what might need shooting...:goodvevil

·
Registered
855 Posts
Again same propaganda...not to offend anybody but don't believe what you are fed..just companies (they say that are organizations but I say companies), that proclaim themselves protectors of the environment that snap a few pics of bulldozers cutting down trees to build worksites and make it appear that the biggest environmental destruction just occurred.Their only goal to convince fills to contribute to their holy purpose of saving the planet ,so they can buy jets and sailing boats and travel the world for free,their expenses payed by them fulls.(check out recent article about well payed Greenpeace executive loosing 3million$ betting in the stocks market).
No doubt there are companies encroaching in native population environments all over the world,usually mining companies looking for gold and other precious minerals and for the mist part they get the green light from corrupt government officials while the local tribes suffer from pollution or worst ,displacement.
But from there to going to say that forests wil have disappeared by 2040 it is a long stretch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts