Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a race now to see if I get my new Falco longbow in time for the IBO West Coast Traditional tournament. I just received a message indicating that it would be 2 to 3 weeks to ship, depending on how the weight comes out (they are trying to hit somewhere near 40 at 31.5 inches). Hopefully, shipping will be quick. I may get the bow a week before I need to shoot it, meaning no time to try it out to figure out my yardages, or tune. Well, I am flinging them all over the yard with my current longbow, why should the new one be any different? Taking my cue from Ben Rogers, you got to come out whether you are ready or not. It be so.

·
赛
614 Posts
Know anyone in the airline trade flies that route?

(. . . been done before . . . )

Regards,

Salskov

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Siim responded to an email from me. I don't want to rush them. I will have the bow for a long time. I can always shoot my Samick SLB or shoot my recurve in the RU division, provided I finish getting in tuned and sighted for stringwalking. I am converting my FITA bow, which was set up for 90 and 70 meters, to a shorter distance stringwalking bow.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Know anyone in the airline trade flies that route?

(. . . been done before . . . )

Regards,

Salskov
Nope, but lately my shipments from Europe have been pretty quick. Since it goes by air, it will either come into New York, or may fly directly to the West coast, LA or San Francisco. Stuff is often in the US by day 2. 2 weeks is to finish the bow before it ships. Hopefully, it will not get stuck in the mail or hung up in customs.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When did you order your bow?
December 15. I was quoted 12 to 13 weeks and that is what they are delivering. I have heard great things from everyone who has dealt with Falco.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thanks, I was just wondering since I have one being made myself.

I placed my order sometime in early January and was quoted 11-12 weeks. I'm guessing it will be here a few weeks after yours then.

Siim was really great to deal with. Can't wait to shoot the bow. I'm not sure it will be able to match up with my 21st Century but we'll see.

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Will you be using the woodies you have for your Samick on your Falco? If so I hope they tune out with minimum tweaking.

Good luck.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will you be using the woodies you have for your Samick on your Falco? If so I hope they tune out with minimum tweaking.

Good luck.
Zulu,

I am going to have to fake it on the wood arrows. I have two sets of spines to try. I am hoping one set will at least be shootable. Siim at Falco has the same bow and draw length specs as me and has suggested specs for light arrows, which I will try. I need to figure out whether to have them built ahead of receiving the bow, or shoot my existing arrows first. I just got the arrow specs from him yesterday.

Either way, it will be more of an experience and fun shoot for me. Even if I take my Samick, I still shooting pick-a-point, and the only thing I really know is that my point on is around 30 yards. I have just been trying to get some experience shooting non FITA targets and unmarked distances.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts