Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have purchased or used an Rcore grip. Which model did you pick and why? I'm planning on ordering one within the next week or so. My plan is to order the Caerus grip in red glass in low with a lifeline ridge and hexagonal palm stippling. What say you? Kind of freaks me out to drop a $100 bill on something that ships from europe and I can't feel it first.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i've bought 3 grips from aris. you won't get a better guy to deal with . whatever grip you chose it will be first class.
unlike the grip makers here who can't return a call or email!!

·
Spearhead
3,430 Posts
Well…… let’s see…. Um
I like them a lot. I think I have a grip problem along with a bow problem, arrow proble and broadhead problem.
I have 5 R-core grips, Aris is top notch person and very good to deal with.
I personally like the Kteenos grip med wrist, have 3.
have two masters also in medium, but prefer the kteenos.
only two I’ve tried so far.

Chad

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 3 masters and 1 standard. All are medium-low 33 degrees except one master which is medium. Currently I have a wood standard med-low on one riser and a wood medium master on my other riser. It is a coin toss which one I like better but feel I am a tad more consistent with the standard. I choose wood because these are bows I'm hunting with and the work he does is fantastic. Like others have mentioned Aris is excellent to deal with. Rcore grips fit my riser like a glove. The Jager that came with my bow had a lot of slop in the fit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was just browsing their grips this week and ordered their DIY kit instead. One huge advantage of shaping my own grips is I get to leave out a small recess area to fit the solid grip trigger. Other than that I'd probably get the master in med/low angle or shape the diy grip with the master grip in mind.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll post a picture when I get home later this evening. I ended up with the Caerus in compound low. I went with the hexagon palm texture and the lifeline in blood red glass. I think it came out great. I put about 100 arrows through the bow last night after I put the grip on. For me, its perfect. Its as low as a wrapped grip and just feels so much more repeatable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Satori riser, I have been trying to work out a better grip, my mate has a buffalo and the standard wood grip on it is really nice, any suggestions on which of the r core grips would be similar?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a Satori riser, I have been trying to work out a better grip, my mate has a buffalo and the standard wood grip on it is really nice, any suggestions on which of the r core grips would be similar?
If i remember correctly, the buffalo has a very low thin grip, much like a compound. Rcore offers a diy blank kit. It's a very minimalistic grip with a thermoform plastic you can use to create your own shape. I actually prefer the blank grip it comes with (nothing added to it) over anything else I have tried. He's made several of this same shape out of his glass material for me.

R-Core R3 DIY grip building kit - Custom Bow Grips and Archery Accessories

Just place an order for any of the grips in the material you want and leave a note when checking out that you actually want the "blank" grip shape.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rattler grips also makes side plates for the satori that will get you pretty close to a buffalo if I remember correctly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts