Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some help looking for a good quiver,

so I searched and "no results" popped up and I don't really know anything about brands etc. anyways I'm looking for a good quiver to hunt with, I've been usin an ok sidekick that hangs off your belt and I can't take it anymore, it's so loud, it bangs off the side off my leg when I walk.

I'm not tryin to go real expensive, Ideally I'd like a back quiver because it's easier to maneuver around without the arrows getting caught on foliage, I see a lot of fellas using hip quivers with a strap but I'm worried that it would shift around when stalking. I use full size arrows (long draw length).

Any and all help is appreciated, hope everyone is having a good day,

"WAIT! Looks dangerous...you first" - Young Dr Frankenstein

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a sweet quiver, when I click on the link it just shows me a picture though, is it te 124.99$? Or is it the 94.99$?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I love my back quiver for stumping or small game. This one was made by a friend of mine, but you can find patterns on the net and make your own, or take a look at Howard Hill Archery, Nate Steen, Mike's Archery Leather, or Steven Catts Leathersmith to name a few.

The Safari Tuff quiver is excellent, as is something like this....my High Noon leather quiver by my friend Bobby Ratliff.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas I'll start lookin!

·
goinpostal
33 Posts
I find a Lakota-style quiver works great and can be made out of fleece or leather. Easy to make and aren't expensive like some quivers.

Reactions: OsageAssassin

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I find a Lakota-style quiver works great and can be made out of fleece or leather. Easy to make and aren't expensive like some quivers.
I've always wanted a Native American style quiver of some kind.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've always been a bow quiver guy, it's tough to beat the convenience even though I don't like how my bow feels with a quiver of arrows on it. My favorite is the Kanati (http://www.kanatiquiver.com/).

Last winter I bought a Powderhorn side quiver from Cedar Ridge Archery (http://archeryleather.com/products/back-quivers.html) and will be going without the bow quiver this fall. I also like the looks of the High Noon quiver Green posted. The Safari Tough quiver is a winner too from everything I've read.

I can adapt to a bow quiver if I put it on and leave it on. I'm not sure if the side quiver will be as nice in thick cover, especially at night when I have a bow in one hand and am either fending off brush with the other or trying to follow a GPS. Time will tell.

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
Side stalker for hunting and an Art Vincent for shooting stuff that don't breathe.
http://www.bowyersedge.com/stealth.html

Google "Art Vincent quiver" and "side stalker quiver". Prices vary depending upon detail and quality......I hired an Osage Assassin last week to backhoe out a huge Bodock in the drive.

Reactions: OsageAssassin

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think one should be cautious when using the open still quiver such as the High Noon above, when shooting broad heads. Too many chances of and arrow falling out and getting into your leg. Great for stumping and 3d but for safety reasons I think there are better designs.
Just MHO
Again tho the Safari Tuff is hard to beat. With the outside pouch you don't need a backpack.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I really don't see any quivers as great, at least for hunting.
I just can't stand something else hanging around my neck or shoulders.
Binoculars yes, quiver no.
I hunt with an Eagles Flight bow quiver with the totem option. Light weight and secure. For me a bow quiver has the least movement to remove an arrow and nock it. I practice and shoot 3D with the quiver and hunting arrows on the bow so it always feels the same.

Steve Catts hip quiver (occasionally Catts Lakota if I'm feeling "native") for 3D and practice but frequently I practice with just one arrow.

I love the look of a quality back quiver but for me they are dead last in hunting function. To remove a 31" arrow I have too much movement for hunting (my right shoulder is an arthritic mess). My back quivers are decorative wall hangers to store arrows.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I think one should be cautious when using the open still quiver such as the High Noon above, when shooting broad heads. Too many chances of and arrow falling out and getting into your leg. Great for stumping and 3d but for safety reasons I think there are better designs.
Just MHO
Again tho the Safari Tuff is hard to beat. With the outside pouch you don't need a backpack.
I can understand your concern here....but actually this quiver has deep foam in the hood to embed the BH in, and in the top portion of the quiver Bobby has a fleece covered cinch that secures the shafts. Arrows are very secure. I can turn it upside down and shake it.....nothing falls out.

With regards to BH's in a back quiver. I tie however many of these together for the number of 2 blade BH's I'll be carrying in a segregated part of my quiver.

However, I'm not above strapping a Great Northern bow quiver on one of my Hill style bows if the cover is going to be thick as that's the best option there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cat quiver for me... I don't like the feel of a bow quiver. I like a clean bow and light weight. I do wish I could get used to a bow qiver as it is a convenient set-up.
The Cat quiver gives me some capacity for carrying other stuff too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.