Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a bow quiver for my Titan III. I would like something that can be easily removed. Does anyone use the Great Northern QD designed for the ILF bow?
My other thought was to try and modify the attachment brackets for the Bear Delta quiver so that they would fit under the limb bolts. Many years ago I had one of the Deltas that had actual QD mounts that went under the limb bolts.

I prefer to stay away from the Quickee types as I find them noisey.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Depends on what broadheads you use. I like 2blade and the Kanati slim jim angle pro is very nice. It straps on and off with ease and is securely mounted. I have used it on a titan 2(17"), Hoyt Buffalo (19") and a 25" moon, its very adjustable, and fits tight to the bow.
Here is a pic of it on my Buffalo.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I ran a GN rubber strap on my Pinnacle 2 and Dorado, worked great.........but keeps the arrows vertical. Gave it to a buddy who bought my old Pinnacle 2 from the guy I sold it to LOL.

Prefer a little angle to my arrows, so went with a Delta. Ran one on my Blackwidow SA2's yrs ago. Current version is a Bear sold model and it rides on a Blackwidow HS. I modified the bracksts to bolt down on my limb bolts (they're D&T'd).

I would think some simple aluminum stock should offer a variety of attachment options.

On my old SA2 I made brackets for my limb bolts (attach at back). Then the Delta could use the QD knobs to bolt to them (had to mod the extensions to the quiver for proper spacing but that's easy.

If no mill or tool maker available for making brackets to accept QD knobs, you could still fab some with simple flat stock, bend in a vise, and epoxy nuts on the back side of drilled holes.

Quit taking quivers off and on yrs ago, prefer my hunting rigs to wear them all the time.....seem to stay secure/quiet that way. QD knobs replaced with regular cap or button head screws.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mounted the Soft-Loc five arrow quiver on it using the sight mount holes. It is the same quiver I use on the compound. It does a nice job and is real quiet but it changes the balance. It fits real tight against the bow and I have to slide it up so as to allow the bottom gripper and frame to clear my hand. Still just doesn't look right on a recurve.....

·
Bart Harmeling
3,549 Posts
I use a Soft-Loc on my Dalaa. Only issue is the hood is not deep enough to cover longer solid broaheads. I was able to add some foam so that my Zwickey Eskimos are covered. Grizzlies are way too long.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will have to look at the broadhead fit issue. Right no looking towards 125 grain Snuffers or Deltas two blades. I prefer three blades but not sure if I have enough momentum for the Snuffers.
430 grain arrow, 54#@29"
I might go back to the lighter limbs and shoot 430 grain arrow, 48# @ 29"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts