Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody shot one? Is it a good little bow? I am invited carp shooting this spring And that sounds like as good an excuse as any to own a new bow. How is it as a hunting and shooting bow?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got one--40 pounds--that I bought my son for hunting. It's a great bow for the money. Mine has a flat shelf, so you will need a rest. Otherwise, you can build up the shelf. Identical to the comet, but heavier poundage.

Oh, and I've used it for bowfishing and it's fine.

·
Banned
1,826 Posts
I don't have one (what....Hank doesn't have one?) but I know the limbs have 1 lamination not 2 like the Stallion and thicker glass to make the limb a little tougher.

Hank

·
Registered
978 Posts
It's been thawing like crazy here the past week, probably the warmest January on record. Anyway it got me to thinking about getting my Stallion set up for Ditch Trout. Seasons still a long way off. What's really scarry is I'm beginning to think the same thoughts as Feral.

·
Banned
1,826 Posts
I don't think the single lamination vs the double lamination has an real effect besides looks (kinda looks nice with a light lamination running along each of the limb butt wedge). The thicker glass used on the limbs probably slows the bow bow down a little, but we aren't talking very long shots for bow fishing. The thicker glass is used to make the limb a little more battle proof.

Hank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.