Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna buy a second pair of Hex limbs, preferably Hex 6 because now I have the Hex 5. All I see though the last month for sale are Hex longs. My drawlength is 27" and I will mount em on a 17" or 19" riser. So I currently have short limbs and I am really happy. Should I buy the Hex longs or they wont work at their most efficient range for my drawlength?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... I had a small secret hope that I would be fine with longs..

·
ryan brodrick
2,137 Posts
What JP said^

·
Registered
54 Posts
Short or medium I'm afraid mate, I've got short draw length and it can be a pain..

I loose about 6#on my flatbow because of my stumpy arms lol

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

·
Registered
820 Posts
On a 17" riser, I don't think longs will be an issue. I draw 27" and 2 of my bows are 68" long. I had a 19" inch mamba and long dryad epic rc limbs. That was a smooth setup. hth.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Shorts on a 19" would be the best combination.

-Grant

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
If you are looking for performance and efficiency then use the shortest limb you can. This is why I went with Extra Short limbs on a 27" riser. (28" DL). I am with Grant, Short limbs on a 19" riser is a perfect combination for your 27" DL. I have an email from Sid confirming he has Short Hex 6 limbs available that are not listed on the sale page. They should be back from vacation in a week.

Rasyad

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!Rasyad would you mind pm me more info bout those limbs?

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Done.

Rasyad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts