Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a samick discovery riser and a set of samick foam core 40lb limbs. This is my first ilf bow. I notice the first shot after you string it up can be noisy. I have heard that is pretty normal. Any opinions on this? I am shooting off a screw in elevated rest. Pretty much been shooting off the shelf with all my other bows. I have some 500 spine arrows flying well. Frankly I was a bit surprised with a 27 1/2 in draw and with @38 lbs on my fingers that 600 spine arrows are way to light. I was wondering if the elevated rest By default allows for a slightly stiffer arrow?

·
Premium Member
12,642 Posts
I was taught to draw string back 3-4 inches a few times and release it, after stringing it up, before shooting it....."thumping" it seats limbs & fittings home.
I'd GUESS the stiffer arrow need likely has to do with slightly better output or "cast" from your Samick rig than you are used to......more so than the first elevated rest impacting spine.

Reactions: gillchaser

·
Registered
26 Posts
How is your centershot set? Straight down the middle? String resting on the right side of shaft? Is your centershot different on your shelf bows?

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
As to noise - I had the same setup with 30# limbs and when I first set up the bow it was noisy but after adjusting brace height (7 7/8), padding string grooves, and a set of limbsaver vibration dampeners the bow was pleasant to shoot.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I picked up a samick discovery riser and a set of samick foam core 40lb limbs. This is my first ilf bow. I notice the first shot after you string it up can be noisy. I have heard that is pretty normal.
Redfin:

Here is a link to what I think is the most comprehensive (and helpful) owners manual for ILF hunting bows. It is for the Tradtech Titan but everything in it will apply to your setup also. Your specific noise question is addressed on page 7.

https://www.lancasterarchery.com/media/manufacturer_resources/TitanII&III_Guide.pdf

I would encourage you to download it, print it and keep it for a reference. You will refer to it often.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As to noise - I had the same setup with 30# limbs and when I first set up the bow it was noisy but after adjusting brace height (7 7/8), padding string grooves, and a set of limbsaver vibration dampeners the bow was pleasant to shoot.
The loud crack noise is only on the first shot after stringing it up. As far as shooting it I have it at a BH of 8" with yard silencers and limb pads and it very quiet.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Redfin:

Here is a link to what I think is the most comprehensive (and helpful) owners manual for ILF hunting bows. It is for the Tradtech Titan but everything in it will apply to your setup also. Your specific noise question is addressed on page 7.

https://www.lancasterarchery.com/media/manufacturer_resources/TitanII&III_Guide.pdf

I would encourage you to download it, print it and keep it for a reference. You will refer to it often.

KPC
Thanks. I am going to look into this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have two ILf Risers one is a discovery which I love same set up you have and it does the same thing I just pluck it once before shooting you can hear the limb settle. Then no more noise I love that riser fit's me perfect.
Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh one more thing they do not blue locktite the adjustment screws. My bow started losing accuracy and gaining noise ? I checked one of the lateral adjustment screws one was loose you can not tell by looking you have to check with a wrench. FYI I also put a plunger which I had been reading about on for 19.00 it made a difference I mean noticable right away.
Islander

1 - 11 of 11 Posts