Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a doz gt Velocity 400 29in shafts and 125 tips as a gift I fletched them with 5in fletchings. I shot a couple bare shaft showing stiff with my [email protected] dorado I have the flipper set up so my arrow is inline with my string can I adjust the flipper to correct the stiff arrow?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I would say yes, your tip should be slightly outside of the string. You also can look at more point weight, and play with brace height.

·
Barbarian Tyrant
971 Posts
If it's a stick on rest you can use 3M heavy duty double sided tape in varying layers to get what center shot you want, or use a plunger if you have that type of riser. You might need a .500 spine or even .600 I find the spine charts always suggest too stiff an arrow for me.

·
Super Moderator
2,644 Posts
Yes, just add weight up front until they shoot down the line. The added weight will make them fly on a lower trajectory but this will matter little at short range. They might even make good hunting arrows with heavy broadheads, otherwise stump shooters. Maybe flu flus. I can find a use for all gifts. Sometimes regifting. - lbg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts