Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I looked at the PSE Kingfisher hard. Even pulled one back to see how it feels. It is nice and smooth and the metal riser feels solid. I can't argue with the price either. However, given the choice of the coyote and the kingfisher, I would have to get the coyote because the kingfisher only comes in rh.

Something to consider if you are a south paw.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Since I don't hunt (illegal here), speed with a heavier arrow is somewhat academic. All else being more or less equal, I suppose the shorter configuration is a bit more convenient for 3D and the longer for target.

I haven't tried mediums.

Best,

Martin

**Martin,
Where in Germany do you live? I was over there a few years ago and hunting was allowed with the land-owners permission. I thought that it might have changed so I looked at this:

http://www.face-
europe.org/huntingineurope/nationalsections_en/germany_en.pdf

http://fwp.mt.gov/mtoutdoors/html/articles/2003/HuntingGermany.htm

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Warped Arrow said:
Where in Germany do you live? I was over there a few years ago and hunting was allowed with the land-owners permission.
Hunting with a rifle or shotgun is, of course, legal. But you require more than the land-owner's permission. The land must officially be deemed hunting land, and you must have a hunting license - quite different from your own permits, more like a pilot's license with regard to the study/test requirements.

Hunting with a bow is deemed cruel by federal law here and therefore totally banned. Legally, you can't even shoot a rat with a bow. Nor can you hunt with an air rifle or fish with any kind of harpoon.

Among those who intend to keep bowhunting illegal are many rifle hunters - who will point out that it is inhumane. I suspect their reason is rather self-serving: If bowhunting were legalised, it would probably be accompanied by a regular proficiency test. If such requirements were extended to rifle hunters and they were obliged to truly prove their shooting skills annually, many would fail.

Best,

Martin

·
Registered
3 Posts
there is always a place in my heart :) and bow rack for a kicker bow. I love my bows and have a hard time throwing one in the back of pickup and bounching out across the pasuture or straping it on a ATV to run fence lines. A no nonsense cheap bow is worth the effort for me. Not only as a fishing bow, kicker bow but I love to throw a bow in the canoe and go spring squirrel hunting. a bow in the bottom of a conoe is in for a a hard wet ride

rusty
Exactly why I bought mine. Something like 70 bucks... bargain for the peace of mind

21 - 24 of 24 Posts