Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The PSAA (Pennsylvania state archery ass'n.) board is meeting this weekend in Mechanicsburg.

I'm trying to get the fita barebow division rule changed to allow weights so that the riser fits through a 12.2cm ring (and maybe remove the part about wearing white clothes).

If you want to see this happen, please contact your regional representative and let them know before the meeting this Sunday.

Here's a link to the regional delgates contact info:

http://www.psaa.net/club.html

I'd go to the meeting myself but I have to run our invitational shoot this weekend.:crymeariv

·
Registered
34 Posts
For whatever reason PSAA adopted the "FITA Barebow" name for the class, but they have a clause in the equipment rules that prohibits any counter weights from being used. Never understood the reasoning.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes sir, it confused me too..But the Pennsylvania Archery Association has a division called "fita barebow" that does not reflect the actual f.i.t.a./ World Archery rules.
In fact, the PSAA rules still state "archers should be dressed in white."

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
I'd like to see the WA/FITA rules adopted across all organizations. Maybe one day a person could shoot the IBO Worlds, NFAA Nationals, Vegas and WA Worlds without changing anything. That would be wonderful.

-Grant

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hawghunter, I spoke to Bob Wertz and John Pawlowski about this last year too, a couple of times, and they seemed generally receptive to the idea.

Hunter would like that
I bet they'd listen to you guys and Demmer - hopefully we can get it changed.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I'd like to see the WA/FITA rules adopted across all organizations. Maybe one day a person could shoot the IBO Worlds, NFAA Nationals, Vegas and WA Worlds without changing anything. That would be wonderful.

-Grant
I agree Grant. I hate having to scramble changing equipment.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I talked to one of our district directors to let him know we are for the change

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not getting too far hearing back from these folks, except for a regional delegate who stated,
"This was brought up. I will find out the results on it and let you know. There changes made but are not in the 2013 rulebook ,they should be in the 2014 rulebook."

The meeting is tomorrow, so today's the last chance to contact your delegates.

http://www.psaa.net/club.html

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I did my best talking to our delegate. I told her the rules for first barebow in the fita book. 23 diameter arrow, stringwalking, and weights as long as the bow fits through the ring.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just now heard back from another delegate, says he's meeting with Bob Wertz in an hour and will discuss it - hopefully I'll hear back with some news.

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
And that has to be the future of the sport. This "them and us" thing is daft. We need all the best guys in the same shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heard this from a delegate this morning:

"Fita's gonna do what fita's gonna do, we're using our own rules." "Fita barebow is just a name."

I probably won't bother rejoining the PSAA. 50 yard max for traditional field, whatever. No wonder they got kicked out of the NFAA.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I guess i'll have to stick to shooting my spig club. I was told by a couple of people that was probably going to happen.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts