Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last season I was out in one of my favorite public areas close to home doing some early season deer hunting. Instead of bringing home the venison I brought home these two characters. The darker one weighed in at 10Lbs and the orange one at 6. So my wife says soooooo you couldn't kill any deer and instead you brought home. Two cute little bunnies? Now these guys were domesticated and would let me get really close to them and even then only hop away a few feet. So I captured them with a net I had in the trunk of my suv. Of course I told my daughter I captured them with my bare hands and snuck up on them like an Apache Indian ;). They got re homed but not before the chewed through most of my electrical cords! The big one is bunnyzilla and the small ones is bunnykong.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have one that hangs around my back yard range.I look at him and say don't you no who I am.My friends say he has seen me shoot.

·
Premium Member
12,642 Posts
wabbit whisperer, Jake

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a great story lol wonder what they were doing out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That conservation area in particular tends to see a lot of people dumping their pets. No doubt it was the same for these rabbits. Probably got too big and instead of being responsible the dumped them off to be eaten by yotesor shot in the face by some yokel who can't tell a domestic from a cotton tail.

·
The Mad Scientist
1,495 Posts
People who dump pets (esp cats!) in the wild should be strung up. When I was a kid my dad went duck hunting and brought home a wild mallard with a broken wing that they found (someone else shot it). We nursed it back to health and released it back into the wild. I never really knew why he did that, I would have killed it to end the suffering and added it to my bag limit. It was probably illegal even back then too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts