Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I have the first production risers of all the Epics so far. This is E oo1 NC 15" very first Dryad Epic production riser. I asked Mike and Jason to build it out of the heaviest, toughest composite they had on hand and paint it black.

Yep they did. I string walk the slim trim riser. I don't recommend string walking wooden risers with out talking to your bowery first. It can come to distress.

001 has got a lot of dings, scratches, and bumps. Been thru hell and half of Texas. It is still dead inline, stable, and puts an arrow right down my line.

I don't care one way are the other about limb adjustments. What I care about is a riser that is going to get "there" and back with all the screws and bits I need to make the bow shoot. In a hunting bow that is going to spike camp, it is something to think about. 1000+ miles from home, 40+ miles from the nearest place to buy a screw..... if they had one. More like 100 miles from the screw you need.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
"More like 100 miles from the screw you need." I'd say your screwed.

LOL

A drop of CA glue or locktite or even string wax will keep the screws in place.

But I do hear ya. We are offering the adjustable bits and pieces as an option.

Mike

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
So Rusty...does this mean you're sending me your 19" Phoenix?...cause I'll make sure the screws don't fall out! :lol: ;)

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love exotic, beautiful wooden risers as much as anyone. On the other hand there is beauty in function. That is functioning When you need it to function the most. Very little can go wrong with E 0001. Made from the right material, by bowyers that understand it has got to work thru a hard stressful life cause of the half wit shooting it.

You can tell by the polished look on the grip it has gone a lot of miles in a hand. Shot more arrows thru this riser than any I have.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So Rusty...does this mean you're sending me your 19" Phoenix?...cause I'll make sure the screws don't fall out! :lol: ;)

Sorry, no, it is a target bow. It will be shot in places that have lots of friends around that are a lot smarter than I am and help me get back on the road.

:)

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two extra limb bolts and washers, two extra strings. I'd take it to the artic circle with Mike and John...... if it was not so cold. My bows are now a LOT tougher than I am

Planned on center, glued on center, milled on center, stays on center. I'll just have to buy limbs that are built on center. Dryad's limbs are milled in a CNC machine on jigs that assure an inline limb.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Sorry, no, it is a target bow. It will be shot in places that have lots of friends around that are a lot smarter than I am and help me get back on the road.

:)
Well then what keeps the ILF hardware in place on E0001?...and then what keeps the Limb Bolts in place on E0001?...and then what keeps the screws holding the ILF fittings in place on the limbs that go on E0001?

so really?...the only difference we're talking about here is (4) short 8-32 set screws...you know the phoenix has those recessed area's in the limb pockets...I bet I could fit about 100 8-32 set screws in there and even a small tube of loctite. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is as close to an infomercial I have every posted on Dryad's kit. Mike is my best friend so I usually keep my post on Dryad's kit to a show and tell. Facts or facts though.

BTW I may hunt with ILF but my back up bow is a bolt down :) lol

·
Registered
631 Posts
“Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand; instead of a million count half a dozen, and keep your accounts on your thumb nail.”

― Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Need I say more ? All thing great and small . . . .

Salskov

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts