Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished up my Proline riser finally. I kinda did a reverse DAS with the 1/4-20 bolt coming in through the top of the limb rather than from underneath.
I just tapped into the riser. Also, I moved the limb bolts in closer and used heli-coils.

I used some cheesy bolts that are used to level office furniture for the hold down bolts but I'll be replacing them. Also you can see I had to cut a little material away to allow the relocated limb bolt bezels to go all the way in.

Please excuse all the dog hair. She's a shooter!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1) It shoots phenomenally! Smooth, forgiving, quiet. It weighs in above the listing on the limbs.

2)The color's even better in person. A bit darker.

3) Sam, I drilled and tapped the riser, so those plastic things you see are going into those holes.
I cut 3/8" tubing and pressed it into the limbs to act as a kind of bushing.

4) The limbs are Sebastian Flute...I don't know much about ILF limbs, I bought them here on the trading blanket.
They say 36/38 on them but the bow weighs about 42 at 28".

5) I like a higher wrist so I always tilt those removable style grips up a tad. Easy to do with velcro.
I sanded all the "pebble grain" off it and left a matte finish.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well cool,,the tubing acts as a buffer somewhat and takes up the space but allows for adjustment in the limb fitting hole.
Yes. I can put little adjustment screws in the sides for limb alignment if I have to but I just put little pieces of rubber on each side as a shim for now. I'm not a good enough shooter to need everything absolutely perfect. Let's say this bow is better than I am!

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
Mark, SAM's (I think) referring to fore-and-aft movement in the thumbscrew where DAS has a slot, not a hole, to allow movement, and ILF fittings runs a bit north & south, too, as limb bolts are adjusted.
I think this also is the crux of Bart's question, too.
WHack me if I'm wrong, guys......I have callouses.....
Mark I really like that color, it's like the turquoise-and-white cars in the 1950s........yeh I was there......

Reactions: mnxs54

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OH gosh, yeah I see that now. Yes, the "bushings" I installed are bigger that the bolts so they move around. The shoulder of the plastic is soft and hollow so it can go into the limb at an angle. I have something else in mind for that but I will have to get to Fastenal to find it. Thanks Steve.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Yes. I can put little adjustment screws in the sides for limb alignment if I have to but I just put little pieces of rubber on each side as a shim for now. I'm not a good enough shooter to need everything absolutely perfect. Let's say this bow is better than I am!
That is the case with 99% of us all.:shooting:

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
thanks Mark, I was curious too, although I gots no problem with bolt-downs.
Did I mention I dig the color?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.