Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of DAS fittings from 3Rivers so I could use my Samick Masters longbow limbs on my Dalaa. I noticed they looked a little different than the older sets I have. They are also about 1/10" shorter than the older ones. Anyway, I installed them in the limbs and tried to mount them on the riser. That's when I found the problem. The thumbscrews won't screw all the way in them. They only go about half as deep as the do in the old set. Both fittings are like this and the threads don't seem to be damaged. Even tried a different set of thumbscrews, no luck. Any ideas?? I'll call 3Rivers but they won't be open until Tuesday. These are the Hoyt/Korean versions which are the same as the other sets I've used.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
So when the limbs are under the limb bolts, the bolts won't snug bow the limb?

If that is take your fittings to the hard ware store. Buy some washers that will slide over the fitting. We are trying to raise the fitting enough that the bolt will snug down the limbs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rusty, you are correct. They won't snug the limb down. The screws only go in about half the depth as they do in my older fittings. I know I could use some washers or probably run a tap in them to deepen the threads but I shouldn't have to do that. These came from 3Rivers so I assume they are the same ones that come installed in their limbs so they should work on their risers. I'll call them Tuesday and I'm sure they'll make good on them. I guess I'm a little ticked that I paid $25 plus $12 in shipping and they don't work. Since they look a little different than the old ones, maybe 3Rivers has changed manufacturers. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this. I pulled a set out of another set of limbs for now until I can get these replaced. I appreciate the advise, though.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Yup I just checked a set I received a couple weeks ago and they fit as shown in the picture.

I am glad I hadn't went through the process of installing them just to be disappointed.

Have a great day,
Kasey

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
The Das ilf plates come out in 2 different types, I ordered a set (2) from 3Rivers and got 1 of each. One e-mail with pics, and another plate was sent, pronto !
great service :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I talked to 3Rivers today about the problem. The first person I talked to suggested I run a tap through them and see if that fixed the problem. I told him that would probably work but I don't have a tap and don't really want to spend more money on these fittings since I've already got about $35 in them with shipping. He said I could send them back and they'd look at them to determine IF they were defective. IF?? I've tried them with 3 sets of thumbscrews with the same results. They're defective. Called them back and talked to another person. He said all I could do was send them back and they'd send me another pair. Fine, there's more expense and more time waiting for the correct set.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Man that is not the report I was hoping to hear. I guess maybe I will just order a set from someone who I know will give me ones that will work.

Have a great day,
Kasey

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man that is not the report I was hoping to hear. I guess maybe I will just order a set from someone who I know will give me ones that will work.

Have a great day,
Kasey
That wasn't really what I wanted to hear. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I just don't really wanna have to pay more money to fix this when it wasn't my fault. Who else sells the fittings? They are on back order with Lancaster.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Well, I talked to 3Rivers today about the problem. The first person I talked to suggested I run a tap through them and see if that fixed the problem. I told him that would probably work but I don't have a tap and don't really want to spend more money on these fittings since I've already got about $35 in them with shipping. He said I could send them back and they'd look at them to determine IF they were defective. IF?? I've tried them with 3 sets of thumbscrews with the same results. They're defective. Called them back and talked to another person. He said all I could do was send them back and they'd send me another pair. Fine, there's more expense and more time waiting for the correct set.
So let me get this straight.

You order a replacement part from an OEM.

You pay up front for both the product and shipping.

When they arrive, you find that they are different from the originals, and they won't work with your other OEM riser.

You call the company and they suggest you modify them yourself, in an attempt to make their part work with their riser.

You inform them that you don't have the tools to make their OEM part work on their riser, nor do you really want to buy the tools to make the their OEM part work on their riser, so they say you can send them back if you want, but they will determine if they are defective or not.

Then you are told by some here that you should just cobble them up so they will work. And you're even told that the company in question has great customer service?

Really? Is this what we've come to expect? Is this what we consider good customer service, where you have to repair your own new parts in order to get them to work? When I order an OEM part, I fully expect it to be plug and play. If it isn't, I shouldn't be expected to fix it, nor should I have to pay another cent in order to make it work. I don't care if it's a $1 part or a $1000 bow.

"Great customer service" would have gone something like this.

"Gosh, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your bushings Mr. Brown, and thank you for bringing it to our attention. Let me check our supply and see if we're having an issue with all the bushings, or if your issue was just a one time deal. Either way, we will get a new set out to you right away, and before we send them, WE will run a tap through them and make sure they will fully accept the thumb screw."

"If you wouldn't mind Mr. Brown, wrap some masking tape around yours and stick them in an envelope, stick a stamp on it and send them back to us so we can inspect them. If we have a problem, we would like to nip it in the bud"

Behind the scenes, I would personally get a new set (and an extra set for his trouble), run my own tap through them to make sure they are correct, and get them out the same day. After that, I would either have an employee check all the others in stock, or I'd do it myself. If it is a problem with all the bushings, I would run the tap through enough sets to get me through, and I would notify the manufacturer that there is a problem and they need to get it corrected.

A company with "great customer service" would never let a $5 part jeopardize a customer relationship that is potentially worth thousands. Handled correctly, you could cement that relationship forever. Handled poorly, and you could lose the relationship...forever.

It never ceases to amaze me what we have come to expect.

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
I knew I'd seen that "look" with the shaft half-black.
I have a single set in my stash with that look, probably taken out of a used set of limbs I bought, sometime....I did not buy any from 3r.
I measured the tubes, below the head, and they are 50-thousandths shorter than several of my other sets, in "working length".
And as OP stated, the thumbscrews do not run in very far on the "new" ones, compared to several of the older sets I have.
I wonder - maybe already stated - are these designed a bit differently to fit their 15-inch riser?
AS far as 3rivers reading on here, not unless someone tells them to, probably.
Johnathan has not visited for a year and a half.
KEVIN, I think you just need to call 3rivers up and show some righteous indignation over this.
I am considering it myself.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, my plan was to call them again this morning but before I could, I got a call from Dan at 3Rivers and he informed me they will be sending me a new set of fitting out today and he apologized for the inconvience. I've already received an email about them shipping. I wasn't trying to bash 3Rivers in any way as I've always gotten good service from them. Not was I trying to get something for nothing, just wanted what I paid for. Anyway, all is good. As long as the new fitting work, at least!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I just got off the phone with 3rivers and they said that they would replace them with the same part number and I asked how I could be sure these would work and they said I couldn't be sure. They told me to send them back and they would get another set of Korean/Hoyt sent out, but they were the same ones. Uggh, whatever! Mr. Morrison you have an order!!! HA!

Have a great day,
Kasey

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.