Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ten years ago, Rory McIlroys father & three of his buddies wagered 100 british pounds each (about 683 dollars total, give or take) that the then 15 year old boy would win the British Open (THE Open to golf fans) before he turned 26. today, he collected. Rory went wire to wire & won his Dad & friends 200,000 british pounds for their faith in the skinny (then) kid with the big swing. so for about $171 each & a little patience, the 4 pals will each get about $82,000 plus or minus a few bucks. not a bad return, eh? :highfive:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not watch today and now I'm sorry I didn't. That young man can throw darts on a golf course.
he threw one of his darts into a pot bunker to right of green on the 72nd hole, LOL! but he had a good lie in there & dang near hit the flagstick with his sand shot. two putted & made Daddy very happy! he is now 3/4 of the way to a career slam of the majors, & is ahead of Tiger (who?) Woods at this stage of his life... I can't wait for the Masters now! :highfive: I bet the Irish are howling tonight!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts