Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends, my sister has been struggling with shingles for seven weeks now and is having a lot of trouble with the pain. We believe there is significant nerve damage. Please lift her up in your thoughts and prayers as she is unable to deal with the pain even with pain management medication.

Thank you in advance...

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
Chris, I will pray for your sister. Thank you for giving us this opportunity.
I had a light case of it 5-6 years ago, and it did last a few weeks.
Mine made it a few weeks before I complained enough that my wife made a Dr. appointment for me. Mine manifested itself mostly in joint pain - for 2-3 weeks - before the spots started showing up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Prayers sent.
My oldest sister was suffering with a bout of shingles, as well as MS, a couple of years ago. Nothing seemed to help and she was only sleeping a couple of hours at a time. Absolutely miserable.
I stopped by one afternoon and she was smoking a corn-cob pipe, and it wasn't Sir Walter Raleigh in it! Another old lady from her church had given her the stuff and she told me to go piss up a rope if I didn't like it.
Pat passed away about six months ago, the MS having cut her to skin and bones. In hindsight, I wish I had kept my opinions to myself and not made her upset over it. James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts