Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sawyer plays soccer with my son on the high school team I help coach. He's an exceptionally fine young man of character.
He's in ICU fighting for his life against mssa. He's made baby step improvements, but weeks in ICU are predicted. He received 7 bags of blood and 4 of platelettes last night. He has 5 IV's and something to pump fluid from his lungs. Blood is finally clotting.

Less than seven days ago he was practicing. Please lift up Sawyer and his family over the next days and weeks if you feel led. It will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

·
Premium Member
13,881 Posts
MIKE, thanks for sharing, I am on it.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a very encouraging update from Sawyer's mother, yesterday afternoon:
"Sawyer is making rapid improvement! The bacteria has left his blood stream and his vitals are staying at strong levels. They are removing some tubes and wires and getting him up in a chair. He is still not eating, still having abdominal pain and using oxygen to help him breathe fully but we have turned the corner and well down the road. Thank you for your many many prayers."

·
Premium Member
13,881 Posts
EXCELLENT, praise God
Will continue praying for them
Thanks for the update Mike

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are still looking for the exact site of the infection; still pumping fluid from his lungs; he still can't eat or drink. But he is interacting and the ability to stop the bleeding and the fact that the infection is no longer at play in the blood are both encouraging developments.

Sawyer is a good kid. He works hard and never complains. Encourages his teammates consistently. It's good to have some positive developments. He was in the jaws of death.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got some bad news, then some good news...
Yesterday, a local TV reported Sawyer had experienced a set back.

Then, today, I get this:

"Evidently Sawyer doesn't believe everything reported in the media.* Less than 24 hours after a certain local TV station erroneously reported that Sawyer had suffered a setback, Sawyer is out of the hospital and back home!!* Words can't describe how much fun it is to type out that last sentence.* He is tired and still in need of prayers for continued recovery, but his return to home is a miraculous*answer to a whole lot of prayers from many folks literally around the world. * For now, let's allow the family to determine when Sawyer is up for visitors, and just keep lifting him up in prayer.* * God is Good!!!"

·
Premium Member
13,881 Posts
GOOD NEWS MIKE, thanks for sharing with us.
Will continue to pray for Sawyer.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again for all of your prayers. Sawyer is greatly improved and back to school. He cannot play soccer (still too weak) but we have been starting every game with a man down so we could start him, in absentia. We won our regional championship with Sawyer "starting" last week, and he was there to see it!

·
Premium Member
13,881 Posts
Great news, Mike, I'll keep him in prayers a while longer, glad he's getting better, probably not quick enough to suit him!
Thanks for the update,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.