Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Like a built in plunger.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
You have the correct idea. The side peice works like a plunger and guide for the side of the arrow. The whole assembly can be adjusted in and out for center shot. To me it looks like there is also a dove tail connetion between the lower block and the adjustable main part. I don't know what this is for except possibly ease of manufacture (two simple parts instead of one complex part) The wire rest passes through this lower block and into an upper block and is held in place with a set screw that is inside of the hole facing the viewer in your picture. The rest wire would be adjustable for horizontal and vertical position and would be held open via magnetic force. On the shot the lower side plate bock should be fixed which would allow the side plate to flex and provide plunger like compliance. The rest wire pivots and deflects forward like all wire rests.

I have not shot this rest and do not know how loud it is. However, one could easily stick velcro on the side plate, and shrink tubing on the wire to help with the noise. The rest is really sturdy and should hold up fine. My only question would be about any noise related to the pivoting of the wire, the wire hitting the riser, and or the wire block rattling some.

For what it is worth, I am planning to buy one and experiment.
Rasyad

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Way back when...
There was a rest called a Star Hunter. It had two of those flat spring steel arms. One acted against the side of the arrow while the other supported the arrow. Great rest for finger shooters and compounds. I used to remove the one on the side and replace it with a pressure button.

·
finger shooter
3,339 Posts
Way back when...
There was a rest called a Star Hunter. It had two of those flat spring steel arms. One acted against the side of the arrow while the other supported the arrow. Great rest for finger shooters and compounds. I used to remove the one on the side and replace it with a pressure button.
Yep the golden Key rests are still in use by compound finger shooters... :)

The AAE Free Flyte Elite is my preferred rest for the recurve, the side plate arm is not there so you can use a plunger.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have AAE free flight and their magnetic as well. Have one on Excel Riser. Pretty easy to tune. Did break the little plastic screw on the Magnetic one messing with it. Noise is from arrow being drawn across wire. Could be fixed like on a springy rest. Would not be my choice for a hunting rest.

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
I am trying to understand what is the function of that piece of metal, above the wire where the arrow rests. Wouldn't that be on the way of the plunger? What purpose does it serve? Finally is it a good rest for hunting? If not what do you suggest? Thank you.
http://images.lancasterarchery.com/...3bec1fbd986744c31150a1b2502/1/7/1790047_2.jpg
That would be interesting to front up to a comp to shoot "modern longbow" and use that rest.
Here in Oz we are allowed an arrow rest but not to be used with a plunger.
What would the Trad police make of that. ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Same thing with the rules here but with the "bow hunter recurve" class. Our trick to get as close to a button as possible is a NAP centerest. This looks like the same idea. (But what will the judges think?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts