Trad Talk Forums banner

Please! any explanation?

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  DJTJR 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I have tuned my bow to GT Ultralight 400 perfectly (almost).

My Border Hex6bb2 and Moon riser are 35@31".
As you can see in the picture my old arrows Ultralight 31 ¼" and screw in 125 gr. point looks perfect, but my "new" arrows, Utralight PRO, 31 ¾" with glue in 100 gr points hit high to the left with the nock looking down no matter how high I set NP.
Really cannot understand what is going on.
Thanks
Martin

PS: Im RH

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Martin,

Right or Left hand archer? Have you tried raising the BH a tiny bit? I get flight that looks like this in reverse (I am RH). The arrow fish tails as it leaves the riser. Less so with a perfect release.

Rasyad

#4 ·
Sorry Im LH for everything but archery, I shot RH.
I moved NP up to 1" and still get nock pointing down.
Thanks.

#5 ·
You can't understand what's going on, I can't tell what your talking about. You don't try to tune with two sets of arrow. Try the old OR the new. Sorry.

Spine is a left and right issue. Don't worry about which way the nock is point for nocking point. If the bare shaft is too high compared to feathered - lower the point from one inch.

You can be torqueing the string. That can be helped by two nocking points. I should probably take that 'can' out of the first sentence and put 'are'. Most of us torque the string. That means at the split second of release the nocking point is not only moving forward, it also is moving down.

Look at www.acsbows.com/bowtuning.html.

Bowmania

#6 ·
They are too stiff!

Have you tried the forward plunger hole?

-Grant

#7 ·
As I mentioned way back (and received some ridicule), go to your golf supply store and pick up some lead foil tape.

1/2 " tape weighs 12 grains per inch.

Wrap a couple inches around the head and see whar happens.

Arrows are too stiff (dynamically)

Don't dick around tuning your bow to your arrows.

#8 ·
Martin, have you added tape to the fletch end to match the weight of the fletched arrows?

Rasyad

#9 ·
Thank for all helping.
Ok, it is too stiff.
According to Stu Miller spine Calculator my “old” arrows are 59# and the “new” ones 74#.
What I cannot understand is why the nock is always down like if I had a low NP. I tried from 0 (horizontal) to 1” and always get the nock down.
Thanks
Martin

#10 ·
Thank for all helping.
Ok, it is too stiff.
According to Stu Miller spine Calculator my "old" arrows are 59# and the "new" ones 74#.
What I cannot understand is why the nock is always down like if I had a low NP. I tried from 0 (horizontal) to 1" and always get the nock down.
Thanks
Martin
Fix the dynamic spine first.

One thing at a time..

Oh, BTW, why died you not just stick with buying more of the original arrows?

#12 ·
I've found that weak does the opposite. I thought I was chasing a NP problem, but it turned-out the shaft was too weak.

Weird things these bows, weirder still when you stringwalk them.

-Grant

#13 ·
Thank you very much!
I didnt know that stiff arrows also shows "false low NP".

The problem we have here is that it is very difficult and costly to import arrows.
Besides shipping, we have to pay 50% tax.
I get them at good price.
A docen of Gold Tips cost if you buy them from someone about $233.-
If you import then they cost $240.-
Thats why, when you get them a good price you try to make them fit. LOL

Thanks
Martin

#14 · (Edited)
Hi,
I have tuned my bow to GT Ultralight 400 perfectly (almost).

My Border Hex6bb2 and Moon riser are 35@31".
As you can see in the picture my old arrows Ultralight 31 ¼" and screw in 125 gr. point looks perfect, but my "new" arrows, Utralight PRO, 31 ¾" with glue in 100 gr points hit high to the left with the nock looking down no matter how high I set NP.
Really cannot understand what is going on.
Thanks
Martin

PS: Im RH
screw in 125 & insert = 140+-gn upfront = good
glue in 100 point = 100gn upfront = stiff

put an insert and 125 in your new shafts or add 40 gn to your glues ins if they'll
accept the screwin point weights and see what happens.

#16 ·
Hi,
At Custom office they check it on the web.
To prove you get them at low price (print of the page, etc.), if not they check the price on Internet shops.

#17 ·
What about a gift?

I'm sure I have a few dozen barely 400 GT UL I could send you.

-Grant

#18 ·
Hi Grant,
You receive a gift, you buy or whatever, you have to pay the tax.
Some years ago a friend from Spain send me a book he translated (one of Pondoro´s books) and I payed the tax. fortunatelly the tax for books now is zero.
In any case, if you have 400 GTs at good price we can make a deal.
Thanks
Martin

#19 ·
I would agree. WAY too stiff. Fine.

But I would like to say that actually I have found that when tuning gets way out on an extreme, things go pear shaped real fast. It gets to where you can't trust anything. Extreme stiff or weak, and the arrow exits the bow SOOOO badly that you can't even count on the what the arrow may be telling you about the nock point.

#20 ·
if you're Left Handed, left impacts will mean weak... just because another model of arrow of similar name is tuned doesn't mean that the new ones will. i have even seen arrows go out of tune that are the same make and model but bought a few years apart as subtle differences in the manufacturing process can make a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.