Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Pinnacle II with blackmax limbs, this is my first trad bow and i've really enjoyed it so far. The problem i'm having though is when I draw I notice a small creeking noise around the limb pocket area like the limb is rubbing the brass sleeve over the limb weight bolt when drawing back. I called Landcaster and talked to "John" and he was great in helping me get it back to not making any noise, however I made a couple adjustments in my BH and the noise comes back. I've checked all bolts and screws and nothing is loose, and I don't see any cracks or such. I have no problem with calling "John" again since he was great in helping the first time, but being at work I haven't had much time to do so, so I thought I would pose the question to you guys. I am new to this sight and definitley enjoy reading your great info. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Try a little dab of Vaseline on the contact points of the limb fitting and riser also the "notch" in the end of the limb butt and limb bolt bushing. String wax would work too.

·
Backyard Archer Savant
12 Posts
When you seat the limbs into the riser, are they tight? I had this same problem with some Tradtech limbs and I just had to back out the limb screw and give the connection more clearance. I'd start with Bowbender_Mike's suggestion first, but if it still creaks and the limbs are tight, you can give this a try.

·
Registered
411 Posts
TradTechBender, my wife and I have the Pinnacle II riser. Great riser and very comfortable to shoot. A couple of months back, John sent me the new flanged limb bolt bushings. I put them on my bow. My bow has been creaking ever since. My wife's bow has the original limb bolt bushings and her bow does not creak. Before the new limb bolt bushing, my bow never creaked. There probably is a way to cure it as advised, but it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, i'm going to try a little wax on the bushing first and see if that takes care of it. This bow will be used for hunting quite a bit, so i'm afraid of the creek alerting game. It may not be as noticable as I think, but it still can get on my nerves.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Try to thoroughly clean the bushing and bolts threads first. Then add the Vaseline. Often there are bits of metal flecks from the machining process.
I bought a Pinnacle II and really liked it. I only traded it off when I got to shoot the metal riser of the Titan III.
I have owned a lot of bows, and I really think the TradTechs are hard to beat for the money. If only they would get some 45# long recurve limbs in stock......
On second thought I should say they are terrible bows and hopefully help to get some inventory in stock. :) LAS can't keep them in stock. I was lucky in that when I went to look at them, they had exactly what I wanted- but only one bow in the 40# long carbon/glass limbs.

·
Premium Member
12,785 Posts
Vaseline the limb bolt bushing a bit, and also the ILF fitting & dovetail it runs in.
If it still does it, creaks, then try a different set of limbs on it.
See if they creak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.