Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
Nice shooters, warfed, I am going out to shoot mine this morning.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm also pumped because I now have a 24 inch lathe,,,,,,,Man,,DAS bushings are gonna be churning out and I may just do some custom length DAS bushings for people that need them. I also think I will make a replacement set for Gamemasters and Dorado's to ILF.

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
NO DOUBT, SAM that is cool, the bushings....I have a pile, but the odd sizes will be good for the TD-3 crowd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sam, new here, I picked up a pearson spoiler over the weekend. Have you ever done one of these? I now have a blk bear and spoiler and planning to have them converted over the next few months. Bob

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
I'm not SAm but yes he's done SPOILERs.
use search function at top right corner as you see list of threads in Warfin' Wall
enter SPOILER and there will be some threads with pictures in them
WELCOME to the forum

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sam ,think of me next time you're crankin' out some DAS bushings, as I'm having to swap a set back and forth between two sets of limbs. Give me a holler, whenever, and I'll send you something, or cash, at your preference. James

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will as soon as I get set up and get some half inch brass round stock. I'd like to experiment with some bigger Bushing heads more ornate.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My oldest brother is a jeweler, and has some ruby cabochons that would be the cat's meow, set in a domed bushing. I'd need the dome dimpled to have an easier time of it with a Foredom.
Knife bushing mosaics would be doable, and being perfectly round, and uniform diameter, something that could be cut on your lathe.....a new cottage industry for my warf buddy, maybe? James
The line forms HERE!
(Holding second place in line for my buddy, Steve)...so line forms THERE, I guess.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My oldest brother is a jeweler, and has some ruby cabochons that would be the cat's meow, set in a domed bushing. I'd need the dome dimpled to have an easier time of it with a Foredom.
Knife bushing mosaics would be doable, and being perfectly round, and uniform diameter, something that could be cut on your lathe.....a new cottage industry for my warf buddy, maybe? James
The line forms HERE!
(Holding second place in line for my buddy, Steve)...so line forms THERE, I guess.
Oh yes,,,the fun is endless and the things we can turn are like a Lathe Pirates treasure..:p

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
My equalizer is 17"...maybe MIKE will chine in with how he achieved it....

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have not done one in so long I do not remember but I think they need to be shortened for ILF dims. I will see if I can buy one on fleabay and convert it to see.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.