Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot a 42 target fun 3d on Sunday, put my Longbow up against my buddy's Bowtech.
I'm really enjoying the longbow and my compound has hardly moved off the rack in a year, I think it's time for Craigslist.
My buddy thinks that a new $280.00 release is the answer to his archery woes.
I'm always amazed how a guy with a $800.00 bow, $200.00 sight, $200.00 arrow rest, $150.00 release, well, what I mean is all the gadgets in the world don't take the place of consistant practice and good form.
Bottom line is after 42 targets the Longbow had slipped ahead in the points by a good margin. One shattered arrow on the steel target and a 10 point shot on the final flying pig target, it was a great day for trad archery in my little world.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
With all due respect, you need to shoot with better compound archers.

-Grant
LOL!!! Yeah, I've seen compound shooters turn in some pretty poor scores over the years. But anyone with reasonable form and tuning should be able to do quite well. I do like the OP's point, that many try to buy what must be earned at the butts.

And the idea that you can buy accuracy is pushed hard by the manufacturers of all that stuff. $200 releases! I use a $13 Bateman and can't shoot to its full potential!

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
It is fun to watch them squirm when Im on a good pace. Their sight is broke or not brite enough or not lighting up, or something is just wrong. :lol: The semi pro's on the other hand flat out smoke the course! Go to an organized event and you will see some good shooters.

·
crazy archer
541 Posts
Sounds like he needs some coaching to help with his form. He might not admit he has form flaws.The compound shooters I shot with are really good shooters, so I never got a chance to beat them, even with a compound. They shoot one inch groupings 50 yards away. I am not able to shoot a compound anymore because I have target panic really bad in compound to the point I just cannot shoot them. I just use my compound for exercise now, just draw it and put it back down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't want to be too hard on my English mate but it was funny to hear the old lines, crap, I pulled that one, man,I used my 40 yd pin, the release went off when I was not ready,I thought it seemed more like 45 yds, I've gotta get the newest Bowtech, and of course you beat me you were cheating you got to stand at the blue cones.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I shoot a Bowtech Experience NZ$1300,an NAP drop away rest "the cheap one" NZ$100,a Scot Mongoose release,NZ $200,an HHA single pin sight,who knows,Bee stinger 10" stab,don't remember what it cost ,,and I'll smoke any trad shooter shooting any trad bow off any course at any distance in NZ any day of any week,,,no excuses,,Amen.
Not to rain on anybody's parade,,but I love archery.
And I do like them Palmers.

John.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.