Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it had to happen. First the fires, then the drought, and now the mud. Big rain is hitting us and it will not be long before the mud starts flowing. A couple of years ago the Oranco Bowmen archery range had to close because it was under water. Also, the Olympic shooting venue across the road was under water and the buildings flooded. Both are behind Prado Dam, which is part of the Los Angeles area flood control system. The area that the two ranges shared had become a lake. The dams are set up to catch water during flash floods that originate from the San Gabriel Mountains. Well, I am off to work with my coach today, indoors.

http://news.yahoo.com/california-cities-order-evacuations-ahead-storm-203656027.html?vp=1

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
Steve, at least it is warm enough there for water to run downhill.
We have hard water here.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I managed to get a day at the range in the middle of the storm. It was really came down at time. I have not checked in on the mud situation yet, but the field range was above water, even though it is behind the flood control dam.

I had just emptied my hot tub before the storm. I was getting ready to clean it, so that it would be ready for use. I did not know the storm was coming. Anyway, I ended up getting approximately 378 gallons of water in the hot tub from the storm (yes, I developed computer model for determining the quantity of water in my hot tub). It just goes to show how much rain water it is possible to collect. My wife has been wanting to put a rain water collection system in for our garden.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts