Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· We few, We happy few...
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else get an email from TT about the Outdoors Forum App? Outdoors forums.com?

What is the deal?

· Registered
34 Posts
Me also. Evidently Forum Foundry Inc. develops and sells apps. They have quite a number available. It seems part of the business model includes buying forums and networking the forums , directing traffic to attract sales and advertising.

· Registered
2,805 Posts
Yep, got the email notice, trashed it. Figure I can negotiate the big old internet without any assistance from an app designed to "help" me

· Registered
3,509 Posts
Some neat forums! Particularly liked New Jersey Hunter, those guys are a hoot...

Liked the blowgun forum too... them guys talkin' stance, form and target acquisition. Sound familiar?

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance, that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

· Registered
881 Posts
Sold my arsenal back in 2010, so firearms no longer relevant.

Along with unsolicited internet come-ons.

Regards,

Salskov

· Registered
1,409 Posts
I got it but I hate browsing the internet on my phone, the screen is much too small on my iPhone. It's nice for a quick look up of a critical piece of information but I'll leave the forum stuff for home on a computer.

I might check out some of the forums at home though.

· Registered
6,458 Posts
I got it, too. Red, I think the "app" is software for use with a cellphone. I'll pass.

Speaking of "apps", I downloaded the TapaTalk app a while back. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing what is so great about it either. :sbrug:
Im with you Dave, I downloaded taptalk and couldnt figure out how to use it, so I removed it. When you search on a topic in google and get a hit on AT you click it and it asks you about taptalk. Apparently its not a software that automatically opens things like that, so you have to fire up the app and then go to your website? No thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.