Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome home my Brothers and Sisters. I didn't even know it was our day until I got on line a few minutes ago. Funny, I went to Walmart this ayem, wearing my Combat Veteran cap, and no one even spoke to me. Amazing! But, there it is! I know you understand what I'm talking about. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and wish you well. BTW, I've made it up to 80% oxygen intake from a 3 year bout with that ole "mosquito spray". Had prostrate cancer earlier from it. But, I can still fling them arras pretty good.
God Bless all Ya'll.
GLH
Northern EYE Corps 64-65, 67-68, 71

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Welcome home my Brothers and Sisters. I didn't even know it was our day until I got on line a few minutes ago. Funny, I went to Walmart this ayem, wearing my Combat Veteran cap, and no one even spoke to me. Amazing! But, there it is! I know you understand what I'm talking about. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and wish you well. BTW, I've made it up to 80% oxygen intake from a 3 year bout with that ole "mosquito spray". Had prostrate cancer earlier from it. But, I can still fling them arras pretty good.
God Bless all Ya'll.
GLH
I don't think many do know what you reference Gary, even here.
That was a shitty war, but ain't they all...

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
God Bless all Ya'll.
GLH
I will "Speak" and say thank you for my freedom!

·
Registered
1 Posts
"On March 29, 1973, the last United States troops left South Vietnam, ending America's direct military involvement in the Vietnam War."

Gary, first I thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country and our freedoms. The end of wars and "conflicts" are often forgotten while the start dates of such events are better remembered by nature for some reason.

I wish you good health, peace, and many, many more years of "arra flingin"!

Jeff (proud son of Navy Vietnam Vet)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Gary and any other veterans who may read this, thank you for your service, sacrifice and willingness to pay the ultimate sacrifice for our country and each of us who call America home. I was 4F so never had the privilege to join you, but lost too many friends there.
God bless.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
They enlisted and went to serve out of honor, a sense of duty, and pride in our country when many ran to Canada or hurried to enroll in school to avoid the war. When they came back they were spit on and called baby killers. I'm a Nam Era vet as well, never served in country, but had many friends who did. I was never so embarrassed as an American as when I saw those boys coming back home...deserving a hero's welcome and receiving nothing but disrespect from so many.

I thank you for service as well sir....I know it's been a long time coming.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The words "thank you for your service" scarcely acknowledges the sacrifices you and your brothers in arms made. We all owe you a debt that was barely repaid.

I am honored by your presence and look forward to your posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts