Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of an open front climber for hunting with my recurve and I’m thinking of a Summit Open Shot, what other open front climbers are people using?

· Registered
5,657 Posts
Over the years, my favorite has been the Lone Wolf Assault but they are no longer being made. No front rail, weighs under 17#, very quiet, and folds flat for transport. Used stands are available but replacement traction belts are currently out of stock.

· Premium Member
21,787 Posts
Over the years, my favorite has been the Lone Wolf Assault but they are no longer being made. No front rail, weighs under 17#, very quiet, and folds flat for transport. Used stands are available but replacement traction belts are currently out of stock.
I have one. Have to keep the attachment rope tied to keep them together. Got up a tree and the bottom slipped down. Ooops

· Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have one. Have to keep the attachment rope tied to keep them together. Got up a tree and the bottom slipped down. Ooops
I would get rid of that death trap😁 before it kills you, send it to me 😂.
All kidding aside, get Thirdhand Stabilizer straps, I wouldn’t use a climber without them.

· Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had one years ago before hunting with a recurve but sold it, it would be great. Maybe by next season someone will start producing them again.

· Registered
121 Posts
I have a line wolf sit and climb that I took the front bar off of. I like the sit and climb too because it is wider and the west on mine flips up out of the way. I also use the third hand stabilizer straps and wouldn’t hunt without them.

· Registered
8 Posts
I have been using the Summit Open Shot this year. Light weight with a fold up seat. I added the footrest, as well as an inexpensive D Shaped lumbar pillow with strap from Amazon. Both of those additions make a tremendous difference in comfort, and dramatically increase the amount of time I can sit still.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts