Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off a really big thanks to Kegan, the wait was worth it. Last night I got home from a 13hr drive from Cincinnati were I was at my daughters clogging competition. Well I had just enough energy left to open up the package. Pretty sweet I think. I got a chance to shoot it a little tonight in between the rain. Gotta say I really like the feel of the bow. Holds the target nice, sits in my hand nicely, draws wonderful and with the larger riser then the original easier on my bow arm.The bow is 66" and 33# @ 28". I had asked Kegan to put red phenolic tips on and a strip of red phenolic in the riser. Well here are a pictures and if I get time this weekend I will try and get some video as well.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

·
j-san = Jason
1,680 Posts
Love the dark stain. A 66" bow at a 28" draw should make for one smooth draw. Arron, are you aware of the Rapids Archery Club traditional shoot on June 14-15? Should be a great place to wring out the Imperial!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
J-san - Its there fathers day trad shoot isn't. I had thought about it last year but my family went up to northern WI for the weekend. Maybe this year. It does look like fun. I had watched a couple of YouTube clips someone had done up of it.
I have been giving some woodies a try with the Imperial and am really enjoying shooting them.

·
j-san = Jason
1,680 Posts
Yup. It's on Father's Day weekend. Vendors from around set up stalls to showcase their wares and the shoot is the biggest one the club puts on annually. I'll be working on set-up and take-down as well as some registration duties in between, but I plan on shooting it sometime on Saturday afternoon as time allows. Hope you can make it.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I agree Hank. One of Kegan's Omegas was my first custom bow purchase after reading a review of it in S&S. It was an awesome bow...very smooth and very fast, and Kegan is a very knowledgeable young man about helping you make the right decisions when ordering.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have purchased two bows from Kegan and both bows were awesome. The thing with Kegan in building a good product is his customer service. In both transactions I cannot say enough what a positive experience it was. They are not super fancy bows with all the inlays but they are performers and a quality product. As Kegan advertises a "working mans bow" meant to plow through the woods and get dirty. At home in the woods on a hunt or on the target range.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,696 Posts
I like his motto "the economical archer". He built his business on that concept. I think that discriminates him from a pretty crowded community of bowyers.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I remember hounding him to make a big riser D-bow over a year ago, I couldn't be more thrilled to be getting one of the first few dozen he's produced.
I love my CNC machined alloy risers and carbon limbs, but there is just something about a wood core glass limb longbow which I've been missing.

-Grant

Reactions: Bikedog
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.