Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm talking Gen1 & Gen2 DAS grip frames.
I've had a bunch of both generations.
I thought all the GEN2s took same grips.
I have an old LOESCH finger-groove grip that I've had on a BUNCH of DAS gen2 risers.....I've also ran it on some Dalaa 17s and Dalaa 21s...both early ones and recent ones.......and I have had it on some DAS Elite 21" risers.
GEN1 DAS have a different grip frame, we all knew that, these take their own grips, separately from most of the gen2s.
LATELY I got a gen2 riser from Kentucky on here. It's one of the first 50 gen2s......which are serial numbered.
Gen1s were also serialized.
My old LOESCH grip does not fit my DAS gen2 s/n 046 up near shelf at belly side. it lso never did fit any of my gen1 risers.
It fits my recent Dalaa 21 fine.
TALKING with KENTUCKY about it......Jordan thinks the gen1s and the early gen2s took same grips.
then at some point possibly at the time David stopped serializing the gen2s at 050.....anyway at some point the grip frame on gen2s changed a little more l ike the Dalaas.
So Jordan mentioned it's more like the early gen2s might have same grip frame as gen1 AT TOP/BELLY juncture even though the early gen2 finger grooves are 1 less than gen1.
so it's kind of more like GEN1, then gen 1.5 with serial numbers up to 050, then gen2 with no serial number and changed grip frame at top/belly portion.
OR I AM WRONG. I do not currently have all 3 models to compare.
WIll show some pictures.

Reactions: metalanton

·
Premium Member
14,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
a DAS gen2 without serial numbers, also noted the rounded frame on belly side below grip.
Wood Household hardware Bicycle part Metal Auto part
WEARING my Loesch grip that does not fit my gen2 serial 046 riser with squaared off frame belly side below grip.

·
Premium Member
14,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
recent vintage 21 Dalaa with rounded grip frame at top belly side. LOE Wood Composite material Tool Auto part Metal
SCH grip DOES fit this riser.

·
Premium Member
14,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
see Jordan's gen2 DAS riser s/n 037. LEFT riser of 2 pictured. note grip frame at top/belly. BIG overbuilt area. ALSO note squared off belly side below grip frame.
DIFFERENT than the Dalaa and my later GEN2 grip frames - - that I don't have pics of without grips.
the overbuilt areaa is exactly like my s/n 046 riser. Loesch grip will not fit either Jordan's GEN2 037 riser or my GEN2 046 riser.
but it fits later gen2s (past 050)(with rounded frame below grip/belly)(without overbuilt area at top).
Wood Camouflage Art Military camouflage Tool

·
Premium Member
14,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome your pictures of gen1s and gen2s WITHOUT GRIPs......showing grip frames.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so it looks like there are gen1 grip frames.....with the overbuilt at top/belly. and serial numbers and 4 finger grooves. And squared off at belly below grip.
then comes the gen2s that were serialized 000 to 050,,,,, with overbuilt at top/belly side like gen1, BUT with only 3 finger grooves.....AND squared off at belly below grip.
Then comes the gen2 without any serial numbers, and with 3 finger grooves, and a more rounded grip frame (not overbuilt)at top/belly, and the rounded off belly side below grip.
CORRECTION where earlier I said gen1 gen1.5 and gen2 JORDAN said it's more like gen1, gen2, and gen3. Jordan's naming convention looks closer to the truth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts