Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oklahoma City's Trosper Archery's annual Trashy Trad. One of the most challenging, fun and absolute best traditional shoots in the region. We had over 600 rounds shot last year along with ca$h, door prizes and a Black Widow bow giveaway.

What IS a Trashy Trad? Take an already great Traditional 3D shoot add limbs, trees vegetation and terrain and you get a Hell of course. After the setup last year our club's president took a quick tour the morning of the shoot, right at sunrise, and frantically called the members who set the targets the night before. He told them he thought someone had come in and had stolen all the targets. Upon further inspection he realized they were just really set "Trashy" style.

2201 SE GRAND BLVD
Oklahoma City, OK
GPS Coordinates:
35.4317ºN, 97.4742ºW

We'll see you there!

LBL

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Senior trad - any bow?

Springy rest, doinker? I can hit a few targets even if I have to keep one finger on the arrow??

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I know my 20 yard gap with one finger on the arrow. 9". That is a start.

There are a few more gaps I might need :). Since I can't judge distance it won't matter that much. I'll just shoot everything as 17 yards

Will the bow be legal in Sr Trad?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Rusty, senior trad they dont care, it will work fine. I wont be there, on my way to Tenn for grandsons birthday. Come on up and show GW Flannagan how to shoot

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Rusty, they dont give a rip about rest or shelf, but I would shoot carbons instead of wood. Gonna be a lot of stuff to shoot around, or through

You might ask about the stab, dont think it would be a problem, I used a two inch muffin puff last year and it was fine

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
We are baby sitting the grandson this weekend. I forget about the shoot after you told me about it. I might be able to shoot a round Sunday.

Maybe I can even find another gap or two tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking you were talking about me. LOL Cal
I was Calvin. I can pick you up at the airport in the morning before i drop my clients off at the Backwoods Hunting and Fishing Show. You can shoot a couple of rounds at the Trashy Trad and I'll pick you up before noon. We've already got reservations at a great steak place tomorrow night. Shall I call and bump the number up by one or two?

LBL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts