Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried selling this Kodiak recently...here, on the other site and on eBAY, but no takers...I'm wonderin' if I have some sort of oddball Kodiak or what? :sbrug:
Anybody wanna offer some info on this bruin?? I know it's not collectable, like the Grayling bows (of which, I have one already) but dang, it ain't got a scratch, and I mean that! And no....I don't think I'm asking too much...actually nobody has even laid down an offer.
Any input??? :help:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
It looks like a really nice bow to me. Who knows why people do anything?? You might put it back on ebay again and get 20 bidders!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Eastern Hunter,

List it in the women-outdoors classifieds. I've sold every bow I've listed there. Had one listed for over three months, had plenty of lookers and offers. Finally sold it for what I had listed it for.
Never sold a bow I've had listed in another trad site classifieds. Will not mention names. :)

BTW it's a sweet looking bow, just too heavy for me. Got rid of my last 60+ pounder recently.

Good Luck

Jim

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heathen said:
Eastern Hunter,

List it in the women-outdoors classifieds. I've sold every bow I've listed there. Had one listed for over three months, had plenty of lookers and offers. Finally sold it for what I had listed it for.
Never sold a bow I've had listed in another trad site classifieds. Will not mention names. :)

BTW it's a sweet looking bow, just too heavy for me. Got rid of my last 60+ pounder recently.

Good Luck

Jim
Thanks Heathen...I'll try that..can't hurt, and in the end, maybe I'kk keep it for my "moose" bow eh?

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
EH, It looks like a really nice bow. I looked at a lot of used bows at the Compton Shoot last year. A lot of fairly high end "collector" bows as well as a whole lot of wannabe collector bows. From what I saw I'd guess that part of the problem is the #-age. If it was 10# less it'd have sold quickly.
Two identical Bear bows--a #45 and a #60 might have as much as a 75$ difference or more, simply due to demand. I found a #55 KM I wanted and paid a lot less for it than the asking for an almost matching #45 from the same trader.
I'm guessing that for the draw weight your price--while completely fair-- is on the higher side of the fair range. However once you find someone who wants and can handle that weight it may go quickly.
I think you'll find the Women's bow classified a good research tool as well a the best place to sell it fairly.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
from what i have gathered watching ebay, the Grayling bows get more valuable as they get closer to Papa Bears shooting weight of 65#, & all of the others sell quicker if they are between 45 & 55 lb draw, because those folks are actually gonna shoot & hunt with them. have seen 65#ers go for over $700 bucks & them be left-handed, & the buyer being right-handed! go figger... :sbrug: ps2

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A good question begs to be asked here......can anyone offer an estimate as to age of this bow? Certainly in the seventies, cause it's a Gainsville bow of course.

While I'm at it check out the pics of my Grayling 55#'er.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Yep, now that Grayling would go fast and at a high price to boot. Somebody please kick me in the butt for selling a Bear Dogleg some years ago. Would probably go for $300 today, I bought (stole it) for $125.

The 60#er has two things going against it as a hot seller... too high poundage and too new. The Bears move like ps2 said... as collectors or as hunters. Women-Outdoors will move it, have patience.

Collectors... I hate 'em! All I want is a nice Hoyt PM to have some fun target shooting and the collectors are driving prices way up. They're inhibiting my abilty to get one in hand. :mad:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
As was said 60lb bows move a lot slower than a 45 or 50lb would.Also I have noticed that the ones with 2 different woods(or colors) in the riser will always sell easier (and higher a lot of times) than a single wood in the riser unless it is something a collecter is looking . jmo

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
piney, i have a 45# dogleg kodiak that i bought at a flea market that i will let you have for less than any $300 bucks. i don't shoot it anymore, although i think it is one of the better shooting bows i have ever owned. ps2

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Same poundage I had... and killed a few deer with it also. :)

Hmmm... thanks for the offer ps2, but I just purchased a Wilson Bros. 1225W. I paid too much for it, but what the heck else was I supposed to do with some of that unexpected bonus check. :sbrug:

BTW - there's a Dog Leg on eBay now... 177.00 reserve not met... and a Buy It Now price of 395 smackaroos! :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts