Trad Talk Forums banner

OH no

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  K31Scout 
#1 ·
My feet went out Sunday on slick smooth ice and I slammed full body weight on my bow arm shoulder. It felt almost numb for a few minutes. I can't lift it forward or to the side past 15 degrees right now without help from my right arm and hope it's just bruised inflamed tendons. I can move it back behind me almost normally. Raising a bow...impossible! If there's no improvement tomorrow I'm going to the docs for an evaluation. My first thought was I won't be able to shoot my bows and just when the weather is breaking. I went all winter without a spill!

#3 ·
Oh no indeed! I would get youself seen as soon as possible. Torn shoulder parts are calling for attention.

Rasyad

#4 ·
Sorry to hear that - good luck with it.

I slammed onto my bow arm shoulder just before Christmas (I was slightly inebriated - darned Christmas parties!). I dont think I broke anything but it still isn't right as it now clicks and gives some discomfort. I can shoot with it but it plays up afterwards.

Rather stupidly I didnt get it looked at as "it seemed ok" - that shows the extent of my medical knowledge. I made one lame attempt to see the doc but couldnt get past the NHS GP Reception Nazi's.

Still its going in my future excuses book for why I blanked the side of a barn at 5 paces.

If your shoulder still isnt right after a few days get it looked at. Maybe I can give advice if not take it.

#7 ·
There's a slightly hook shaped bone spur in your shoulder that can be broken by a direct hit, I broke mine in my right shoulder by walking into a door frame a few years ago.
What your describing sounds much like the same symptoms I had.
I can't remember exactly how long recovery took but it was not long and I have no lasting issues with it.
Apparently it's a very common injury and it was just a matter of rest an not putting undue pressure on it for a few weeks.
Get it looked at quick.

John.

#8 ·
Daughter fell last week playing Pickle Ball in gym class. Fell right on the left wrist. No golf or archery. She went to golf practice and after the first hole decided playing was a bad idea. Swelling is finally going down. Second x-rays next week as nothing was definitive in the first set and treatment was the same either way- brace it.

I would go to the doctor just to be sure. Hope it is nothing serious

dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.