Trad Talk Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
I wouldnt be able to fund it anyhow. I just bought a 25” riser and limbs and acc. on credit that I shouldnt have.
Still makes me wonder if I shouldnt have spent some more time with the ht21.
I change my mind a lot but think Im set on metal risers. Next purchase needs to be a longbow.
My form has drastically improved over the last year. Id guess that would translate to better shooting with a light wood bow.
By the time Im full grey in the beard I intend on solely hunting with a longbow. So I need to hurry this metal phase up as the grey seems to be speeding up every year.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I had a Gen 1 and an Elite. The Tribute is a Gen 1 on steroids and the HT21 is an Elite on steroids. They are both nice risers. The HT21 with a set of 59# and mid 40# are a great combination for me. I shoot both with ease these days.

They say the longbow is more forgiving than a recurve, but for me right now that isn't the case. I always shot between 60# and 81# longbows and the heavy weight locked in my bow arm and provided a very smooth release.

I have a weak bow arm (from injuries) and the light 50# draw weight coupled with a low mass bow weight makes me have to concentrate very hard on form, aiming and my release. If I don't I am all over the place.

Once I sell the Tribute I think I will get a takedown Hill Wesley 60# at my draw length. I am going to wait though and see if I progress with my bow arm at 50#,

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have worked out most of my life, one year on my 18th palm out pull up a tricep tore out and ended up as a wad above my elbow. The doctor said part of the tendon did not tear so I just had to chill and let it heal. I was very thankful that a 37 pound Hill pushing a 140 grain Hill head was enough to get an arrow through a fat doe at a less than 20 yard shot. I went from a 90 pound go to bow to a 37 pound bow in one pull up. I used a variety of very slow exercises with light to heavy dumbbells over a period of three years to rebuild it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
My first two injuries made me stop shooting for a while. One of the injuries was a torn rotator cuff in my bow arm. I came back from both and working out with a Formaster and I was able to shoot up to 81#. I was shooting higher poundage longbows good. If I shot a lighter longbows at that time my bow arm would shake like crazy.

I had two more shoulder injuries in the same shoulder and started shooting again early this year. I started with light weight recurves. Then Anton sent me some riser weights.

I was shooting high mass weight bows with light limbs and was shooting reasonably well. I was working out with the Formaster again and now I am bow strong shooting my 59# limbs.

I am having a problem at 50# holding my bow arm steady with the light mass bow. If I continue to work out with the Formaster I could get back up to 70# or more, but at 68 I don't want to push my drawing shoulder. Shooting 60# I am much more steady. I wont be able to shoot over 60# because I shoot a thumb tab and wont be able to draw much heavier with it,

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thanks, definitely interested. It will all come down to shipping costs and customs import tax, which can sometimes be heinous. I will research those in the next couple of days.
I will give you a price shipped. The tax will be on you. I will try to make it cheap. I would like to break even if I can.

Thanks
Gil

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Yep, bit bummed. Not going to work out for me and the Tribute. I ran the numbers with UPS and others and PM'd GilV. $200+ for shipping alone, not even including import tax. Has to go to another home!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have been shooting my new Hill longbow since last Friday and really enjoying it. I shot longbows for most of Trad life. I forgot what that was like. It feels like coming back home.

Today I took my Das Tribute out with Uukha limbs and shot it along with my longbow. Big mistake!

I was really liking shooting high mass recurves, but it looks like I am going the opposite way again shooting a very light in the hand longbow.

This string follow Hill is great. I only wish it was a takedown for eBike travel and packing in. It is great for still hunting or walking into a stand. I had at one time several Hill takedows and liked them.

I am waiting for 400 Taditional Only Barebow shafts from 3 Rivers. The 340s are too stiff. I ordered a test kit first and the 400s are the shaft. If once this bow/arrow combination bare shaft tunes well and I shoot it well my Das Tribute, Das HT21, Uukha limbs and Border limbs will all go.

If they tune I will be "One Bow Two Strings" again. Here we go again! But I will need a takedown Hill to go with it.

Gil
What border limbs are you talking about? I may be interested at some point.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
What border limbs are you talking about? I may be interested at some point.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I am hanging on to the HT21 and Border limbs. I am going to sell my Tribute and Uukha limbs. The Borders are Hex 6 longs.

Thanks
Gil

41 - 52 of 52 Posts