Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Selling all your longbows, gather up bunch of DAS, sell bunch of DAS to get to one bow, stay with one bow for 2 months, gather up a bunch of DAS, sell all the DAS, buy a bunch of longbows…. Did I miss anything??

I’m so glad I’m making a riser… keeps me uninterested in the classifieds…

i do have a hankering for a sweet set of short limbs, and maybe a BB warf…😏
Ha I thought the same thing. My wife calls it “The Pattern”. Although I did stick with one bow for 30 years. Then the internet happened.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This was the pattern and the next pattern. Shoot longbows, until head on car crash and 3 shoulder injuries. Shoot Das to be able to shoot different weight limbs. Get bow strong. Try a longbow and fall back in love. Get a heavy long bow. Hurt my shoulder again. Buy more Das recurves. It is an endless loop like Ground Hog Day!

·
Registered
759 Posts
This was the pattern and the next pattern. Shoot longbows, until head on car crash and 3 shoulder injuries. Shoot Das to be able to shoot different weight limbs. Get bow strong. Try a longbow and fall back in love. Get a heavy long bow. Hurt my shoulder again. Buy more Das recurves. It is an endless loop like Ground Hog Day!
Try to avoid the car crash and tearing the shoulder….The rest of it is acceptable!!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I think the appeal of a D bow that itches at a lot of us is that it is the most pure 'platonic' description of a bow. A bent stick, with the minimal changes required to make it hold and to send arrows well. I know all rivers lead back to a true longbow for me but reckon it will be very hard to find one in my region I can try that doesn't have elbow killing handshock and noodly string follow. Like every D bow I've shot in the past, one of which was a beautiful ASL but shot like one of those machines you use to break up concrete.

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
guys this syndrome TGPS might have variations. I have it most of the time.
Currently I am shooting metal so much better than my longbow, day in & day out.
I am considering ditching the ZEUS and buying ILF longbow limbs.
again.
there might be a class we can attend for it?

Reactions: kentucky

·
Registered
497 Posts
Glad you found a bow you like, Gil. I've never shot a longbow. But, I do love my 1 piece recurves. And yes, there's nothing like the lightness and shootable feeling of a 1 piece wood bow.

Reactions: GilV and Remote

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Glad you found a bow you like, Gil. I've never shot a longbow. But, I do love my 1 piece recurves. And yes, there's nothing like the lightness and shootable feeling of a 1 piece wood bow.
Recurves are great. I had a lot of fun shooting them. I believe they are more versatile in regard to all around archery.

i just hunt and from years of shooting the longbow I restricted my shots to 20 and in. A longbow will fit my needs. When I go for elk I will shoot heavier and practice some longer yardages.

It is all archery and fun.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I got the solution. I am going to use the longbow for my local deer. I am going to keep a Das also.

I was just shooting the Das bows. I like both, but from a practical point of view I am going to keep the HT21. I have two sets of Border Hex 6 longs for it. One set is mid 40s and the other set is 59#. I was just shooting the 59# and they are a rocket. That will be my elk rig and on occasion I will use it for whitetail. The Tribute will go.

Then I don't even have to change my signature ("Two Bows Four Strings"). Unless I do eventually get a takedown longbow, which I doubt I will do. I am a two bow man! Ha! But you never know!

Gil

·
Registered
389 Posts
This thread is a bit amusing, it is nice to see one that is not so serious, but Gil does have my sympathies. I do not believe he is quite in a situation for a prayer call out, yet. I have needed no shoulder surgeries, I am an OCD level shooter, for many years my light weight bow was my 64 pound Schulz Legend. I was a left hander yesterday and my stump shooting was really good out to point on with my 55 'Sunset'. I think I am lucky, I have one size goto arrow for each of my 3 goto bows. Tapered cedar for the 50 JD duo, 1918s for the lefty Morningstar, and tapered fir for the 'Sunset'. I don't want to change any arrows, get new bows or even any new boots. It would have helped if that buck yesterday would have come just a little closer. There was a day when I had 6 fully rigged target bows, a constant train of recurves coming and going, over 20 Hill style longbows, with thousands of arrows to maintain, there is a differences between being a little nuts and totally insane.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
This thread is a bit amusing, it is nice to see one that is not so serious, but Gil does have my sympathies. I do not believe he is quite in a situation for a prayer call out, yet. I have needed no shoulder surgeries, I am an OCD level shooter, for many years my light weight bow was my 64 pound Schulz Legend. I was a left hander yesterday and my stump shooting was really good out to point on with my 55 'Sunset'. I think I am lucky, I have one size goto arrow for each of my 3 goto bows. Tapered cedar for the 50 JD duo, 1918s for the lefty Morningstar, and tapered fir for the 'Sunset'. I don't want to change any arrows, get new bows or even any new boots. It would have helped if that buck yesterday would have come just a little closer. There was a day when I had 6 fully rigged target bows, a constant train of recurves coming and going, over 20 Hill style longbows, with thousands of arrows to maintain, there is a differences between being a little nuts and totally insane.
Ten Our Fathers and ten Hail Marys!

Amen

·
Registered
822 Posts
I got the solution. I am going to use the longbow for my local deer. I am going to keep a Das also.

I was just shooting the Das bows. I like both, but from a practical point of view I am going to keep the HT21. I have two sets of Border Hex 6 longs for it. One set is mid 40s and the other set is 59#. I was just shooting the 59# and they are a rocket. That will be my elk rig and on occasion I will use it for whitetail. The Tribute will go.

Then I don't even have to change my signature ("Two Bows Four Strings"). Unless I do eventually get a takedown longbow, which I doubt I will do. I am a two bow man! Ha! But you never know!

Gil
I am surprised the ht21 beat out the tribute.
I did not spend enough time with the ht21 I suppose. When something doesnt strike me right from the gate, I am quick to move on. Freakin expensive habit.
Now Im going to have to stay off the classifieds to not notice your tribute. Though Idk if Id give up the tempest, would be tempting.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
I can’t go any higher. I have a full length 340 with 325 up front. I bought a test kit and a 400 full length with 325 seems perfect. I received 6 400 shafts yesterday. I will fletch 3 next week. I am going on a 4 day muzzleloader hunt.

I am cheating though. With the full length shaft and heavy arrow I have a 5” gap at 20 and I am shooting the point.

If you are still interested in the Tribute I will PM you when I get back.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The HT 21 has two sets of long limbs. They would be short for me on the Tribute. On the Tribute I have a set of Uukha SX50 that ate XL. It was just a practical decision. Remote asked to let him know when I sell. If he doesn’t want it then I will list it.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts