Trad Talk Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Cool thanks. My son has a Samick sage and I had to switch limbs top to bottom, correct the limb pockets as well as add a raised base plate and a very light side plate to get him shooting light out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just a bit of info I have found out about Oak Ridge bows/gear. They are distributed by SSA Archery in Belgium. I know this 'cos when I asked about the Shade Kobicha in KG Archery last week (they list the Merbow and Kobicha variant risers on their website but don't have them in stock) the lady that served me checked the SSA website for stock levels with a view to ordering some in. I've since looked at the SSA website and seen the various Oak Ridge bows on there. I'd speculate that they/SSA own the brand based on a YT video I've seen which has their branding. I don't know if you can order direct from SSA as a retail customer.
She also said they don't stay on the shelves long when they do come in, so they seem to be a popular item, but not much in the way of online reviews, hence me turning up here. I'll be getting mine from KG as its not far from me - about 40 mins in the car - and so far they have been great in sorting out my needs as a beginner - Merlin stock them as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have not, I have the foam ones. It is one sweet bow to shoot once all dial in.
The only thing I will do to my riser is put a finish on it to protect from the elements.
OK - No Worries Mar. How would you compare the Samick Sage grip to this one?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like the grip better, have large hands and fills it real nice and comfy for me.
Hmmm - My hands aren't that big. I'm currently using a 24" Samick Polaris riser clone (66" bow) @ 30# and I've found it quite comfortable to shoot. Starting to get some nice groups at 7m now as well (furthest I can shoot at home). I'll have to wait till they get a Shade riser in at local archery shop.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
It's not much bigger, maybe just feels that way. Best to handle one for sure, I think it is nicer then the Sage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've handled the Bearpaw Shadow riser and that was really nice in the hand, albeit the wrong one, as they didn't have a righty in stock. I've also had my mitts on the Oak Ridge Meadow/Woodland riser but that seemed too big/fat for me, but again that was a lefty. Same with the Ragim Red Lion riser. All the Trad wooden risers they have are lefties right now.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts