Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Well have to say impress with Alternative, did not expect to receive limbs this week.
So this is a learning curve for me and now need to set it up properly. Strung it with a flemish string out of 8125 I had premade and set BH at 8" for now. Will let string stretch a bit before I serve it.
Now will make sure limbs are centered and check tiller.

So far it feels great in my hands and hope I have my limbs oriented the correct way, top and lower.
Can hardly wait to fling some arrows on this bad boy. No shiny parts so should make a great hunting bow.

Any advise is welcome. View attachment 5200 View attachment 5201 View attachment 5202 View attachment 5203
Which model riser is this? Kobicha??? Attractive!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Needed to make a new string as I think I accidentally had made a 12 strand instead of 14 so arrow nocks fit properly. So made two, one specially made for my wood hunting arrows.

I am not sure about two things. One being brace height but think 7 1/2- 8 1/2 inches. 2nd one is tiller. Should I have equal or 1/8 positive on top limb?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well flung a few arrows, bow is much more noisier then my Samick but I do have an issue. I put a brush rest on and arrows are hitting left which seems to indicate arrows are overspined. They are 500s so will get 600's and try those.
Other then that it is great, will play with some fine tuning.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I was shooting 3 under, fix crawl and bow was loud and hitting left. Decided to try split fingers and yeah man that was the ticket. Standing about 8 yards away and got a nice group after a couple flyers and way more quiet.
It is a sweet shooting bow, feels pretty smooth drawing back and sure seems to fling arrows pretty quick. I have a chronograph I will dig out and see what this baby does at my draw.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's a nice group man. Looks like split finger is the ticket for you. You can play around with the nocking point and tiller for the other styles. Even tiller is usually a good place to start, alittle negative for fixed crawl, slightly positive for split. You can weaken the arrows slightly by increasing the brace height or adding heavier points to the arrows. As you practice you'll likely tweak things to your liking.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yeah, a little bit of tweaking and should be good. Wish I had a backyard as I only have a limited distance to play with. BH is at 8" now and that seems to be perfect right there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Do you have a range close by? I know the feeling, I was shooting in my garage(about 15 feet) because the old lady didn't trust me in the yard. But I shot out there often and it was noisy enough that she recently gave in and I can shoot in the yard now! I have a range close by though, it just sucks spending money at a range and being elbow to elbow with other guys when you have a perfect big yard to practice in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I am not joining a range this year so have to travel about an hour to get distance.
So very happy with this bow, it is a sweet shooting silent bow. I went with lighter field points, 125 from 150g and bow shoots spot on. Tried one of my wood arrows and same point of impact.
Overall very,very happy with this set up. Next weekend I will attempt to go find some distance and see if any changes need to be made.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's too bad. Hopefully you can work something out where you can get some distance relatively easily, things do tend to open up quite a bit compared to the shorter ranges. Glad you're happy with it, maybe I'll snag one up soon without the old lady noticing 😏

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Chronograph Both the Samick Sage with 45# limbs and the this bow with 40# long limbs. My draw is 29.5 inches, arrows 31.5 inches with 125 grain points, 425 g total weight. Oak Ridge, 165-168 fps. Surprisingly the Sage is basically the same, did attain 173 fps a couple of times but mostly same as the Ridge.

I should also mention that two out of three arrows are fletch with vanes and the other with feathers. Feathers are faster and seem to penetrate slightly more.

Next will use a scale to see excatly what my pull is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So glad I found this thread/discussion. I'm a beginner shooting a 66" 30# Samick Polaris clone (sold as Core Beginner in UK). I've recently joined a field archery club and I'm shooting 2 - 3 times a week. I'm using an arrow rest for the time being but I intend to move to shooting off the shelf when I change bows.
I've been eyeing up this bow as my "step up to a real bow" bow, and aiming for a November - December purchase. I too will be going for the Kobicha finish, but the others in the range do look nice, especially the Morado with the red palm swell. I've been stressing over which limbs to get. Did you try the glass/wood limbs at all?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I am sorry if I miss it?
What is the center cut dimension or how far pass center is the riser cut?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Here is a high dollar 23" riser laying across two chairs measures .160 or 5/32 cut add a piece of velcro and all arrows will be outside center. What does this mean? Tuning? Arrow speed? Some archers shoot with a cant so on much but elevation errors. Archers like me coming from compound fingers a lot. I like to shoot a long stiff arrow inside center for bear bow alignment. Sorry. I am just trying to compare the two bows above. Bow of which are very nice lookin.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I am sorry if I miss it?
What is the center cut dimension or how far pass center is the riser cut?
Just center cut far as I can tell. I have no issues with it and shoot with cock feather in.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts