Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I checked out the website, looks like fun. :)

Do you need to be a member of a World Archery affiliate or does being a member of IFAA suffice? I've never been to Norway but my sister-in-law been a few times.

Regards, James.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Navan-James, no you don't. The name Norwegian Open is just a name that our local club decided to use because nobody else has ��
The scores count for the norwegians trying to make the cut to go to the European Championship in Tallinn.
We had people here from 7 different countries last year, it was a blast! And everyone is welcome!

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
One of our clubs archers (Michael H) is just back from the Bearpaw shoot at Eisenbach in Germany. Some more of my archery buddies are heading off to Confolens, France (Euro Bowhunting Championship) in June ... we Irish get around. :)

There some photos from our last club shoot (Mayo Archery Club) up on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/mayoarchery). It looks similar to what's on your shoot webpage. Best of luck with it.

Regards, James.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe there is to be a direct flight from Dublin to Ålesund starting soon! I may be going there this summer to visit my nephew, who knows, I might pack my bow...
Some good pictures on your FB page, kinda similar, yes! We have a "3 targets-in-18-seconds"-target in our "Vikingstien" (the viking path, our For Braggingrights Only trail. A lot of fun to shoot, and also a good way to check how you function with a little added preassure :)
There's always next year, perhaps you could put us on the list of possible destinations...

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
What a great picture!!!
It would be great to hear the arrow sink into that target..........

Reactions: Åshild

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
We have Kullamaa vibufestival in Estonia 16-17th Aug, same format as WA3D with elimination rounds, finals etc and covered by Estonian Tv, last year 7 countries participated, maybe a good warmup for your team members in prep WA3D Euros.

If you need more info just let me know.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Hhmmm ..... Norway in July ... sounds absolutley delightful, all I have to do now is persuade my wife... could be tricky

·
Northman
486 Posts
Man I wish!! I would be shooting with some headphones and my favorite BM playing for sure. AWESOME!!

Reactions: Åshild
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.