Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved a bakers dozen of GT35/55s from bleslie. These were beatifully fletched and I have been shooting them for a while now.

I noticed that one of them made a "wooshing" sound every time I shot it, stripped of the fletching as this could be the only cause. Wrong, it still makes the same sound.

The shaft is in good nick, any ideas as to why?

·
j-san = Jason
1,671 Posts
I shoot GT 3555s and never noticed such a wooshing noise. However, compared to my aluminum arrows, the GTs are a fair bit lighter so perhaps it is the arrow/bow combination that is generating more noise? Have you shot a similar weight arrow to see if there is no noise?

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is only one arrow that makes the noise.

Very strange. Visibly the arrow looks fine. No big deal, just curious.

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
Rod, if it passed through my place it's naturally suspect.
Beware the rest of the kit, too.

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha ha Steve.

You packed that lot so well it made it through our customs unscathed....no easy feat I can tell you.

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Cricket went well-------------for US !!! Sorry could not help myself. ;)

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Absolutely brutal bowling by Johnson, really good to watch.

You lot really do have the best bowling attack.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Only thing I can think of is that it may have been hit by another arrow and have a crack you can't see. I've never heard what you describe but then I'm half deaf anyway. Hold the shaft by the ends. Put the middle next to your ear and flex it. Rotate the shaft 90deg and do it again. If you hear anything don't shoot it again. They make great plant stakes.

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Done the twist test, all OK.

Maybe a "woosh" does not really describe it!

It is actually a good thing as I was reluctant to strip the fletching as they are done do well and I needed a bareshaft for tuning reasons.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Check for a hairline crack around the tip insert or the nock end. See if turning the nock requires the same amount of force as the others will tell you about a crack in that end.

Reactions: Zulu
1 - 11 of 11 Posts