Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am playing around with a bow. Trying to figure out some things so I can order exactly what I want. This particular bow paper tunes with a much higher nock hi than I am used to. My present bow shoots bare shafts and arrows good at 1/8 high. This bow shoots a bare shaft at 5/8 hi but does not allow good arrow flight. Must need a little more for fletching clearance. So it's hi. For one, I don't like that. So, my question is, when ordering a bow, should I ask specificly for the limbs tillered... how? Almost even? I am shooting 3 under. Reading David Sosas article, refering to ILF, he showed how to fix this. But with a standard, non ILF, I don't want that issue. So I need to be able to explain my requirements to a bowyer. I could live with a 1/4. I can surely see the advantages of ILF. But I don't like the side view when you can see under the limbs.

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, here is what David says about nock being high;

Remember that the goal is to get all the settings as close to center as possible. In other words, 1/2" of tiller compensated by a 3/4" high nock point is not good even if the bareshafts look reasonable. What you have done is compensated one big error with another big error. Try to work it down so that a small tiller setting is offset or complimented by a small nock point setting. That way your bow is not fighting itself and it will be quieter and vibration free. The better designed your riser is, the closer you can get to zero on everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.