Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can either one of these be used on a target style recurve?? My SA with split finger will not allow me to use a peep, dont like the little hole anyhow, but what about a no peep or hindsight? i like to still cant my bow a tick when shooting with my sight, the cant has to be the same everytime and was wondering if the hindsight could be adjusted to cause the same cant each shot? what do you think?

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
In my experience canting and sights don't mix well. The hindsight shoud phisically fit. Why won't a peep work on the SA? FYI they don't allow peep sights on olympic recurves and those guys do very well. Most look around the string and line it up against the inside or outside of the riser. Solid string colors of varying color (depending on riser color and what colors you see better) help with this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi scooter, well after putting a peep sight on my string when i look through the peep i see riser, and thats it. i drew naturally and marked the string put peep on see riser.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I played around a little with both of those on a compound a while back. For some reason, the no peep seemed like a lot of trouble, although from reading about it, some people loved it.

The hindsight seemed to be viable, but I've never tried it on anything but a compound.

When its all said and done, I just prefer the simplicity of the bare bow thing.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If your anchor point is the same each time then you don't need a peep, just look at the sight. A peep is used to ensure that the anchor is the same each time. Gonna dig out my Surelock and put it on my Jackal and try it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well thats the problem lol, its not always easy for me to get the same ancher Exactly the same every time. Im not doing bad at all without it, but lets just say im going through a gadget phase lol. :sbrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.