Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By gollys I'm done. I'm gonna hang it up after 24! I do not have to get along with young Lt."s and the lot anymore. I'm gonna do something else for awhile. Some want me to run for Sheriff, don't know yet, but think I will let my whiskers go and Bowhunt.

·
Premium Member
13,881 Posts
Badges?!?! We don't need .....kidding.....you know the line.....
Sam, whatever you do next, I hope it's after getting some R & R.
Thanks for the time you have given to law enforcement, and I hope if you hang out your shingle for gunsmithing, you'll let all of us here at TT know, I've got several guns that I would turn you loose with, and I know you could help one of my 1911's out.
GOOD LUCK, grab some time in the deer woods.......

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Congrats Sam!

You still have your health so life still has a lot to offer no matter which direction you choose, I'm sure will be fullfilling.

You better find something quick though if your wife is anything like mine she will find a honey do list that will make you want to chase bad guys again.LOL

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
the slower you clean, Sam, the more likely it is that someone else will get impatient & finish it for you! found that out painting the house for my Dad as a young'un... :) scummer

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Go! Sam Go!

Live the dream.

Retirement means there is a lot more opportunities.

Been living the life of Reilly since I retired 10 years ago.

It don't get better than this.

Congratulations.

Erich

·
Got Shemagh?
496 Posts
I'm gonna do something else for awhile.
I hear you my friend!

I got sick of dealing with the dregs of society and volunteered for Recall to Active Duty. Figured I was safer in the Green Zone of Baghdad than in the city of Memphis!

Been hiding out doing great and wonderful things for our Sailors and the World in general ever since. About 2 years ago my wife mentioned how much "nicer" of a person I had become. Apprentyly I had turned into a jaded, suspicious, hyper vigilant A-h0le somewhere along the line. I would not take out the trash without tucking my .40 in my belt.... Didnlt realize it until I was away from the job for a while. I'm never going back, at least not to THAT department.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Congratulations Sam. It's great to get away from a job you've gotten burned out on.

I retired back in May, and went back to work in August. This time I'm doing something I throughly enjoy.... hope you can do the same.

·
Premium Member
21,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks fellas, I"m trying not to wear a watch and shave for awhile! Fought with one young LT. for way too long! Never got past SGT.=refused to kiss a---butt.

·
Premium Member
21,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Heathen thanks! I do not get along with the Sheriff because he heard rumors I was running for Sheriff next time. He must be crazy!LOL, who would want that Job? Thought I would work part time for a small town here in Carroll county. They convinced the Chief (who is running for Sheriff) that I was running for Sheriff too. Naaaaa, He is running on Dem ticket and after finding out I am a Republican guess what? No I did not get the part time job LOL. ha! Small county and the Politics. I care more about the release of a breakfast flatulant than Politics! Wish I had some hair, I would grow it out and become a conservative hippie LOLLLLLL!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hey Heathen thanks! I do not get along with the Sheriff because he heard rumors I was running for Sheriff next time. He must be crazy!LOL, who would want that Job? Thought I would work part time for a small town here in Carroll county. They convinced the Chief (who is running for Sheriff) that I was running for Sheriff too. Naaaaa, He is running on Dem ticket and after finding out I am a Republican guess what? No I did not get the part time job LOL. ha! Small county and the Politics. I care more about the release of a breakfast flatulant than Politics! Wish I had some hair, I would grow it out and become a conservative hippie LOLLLLLL!
Move to Washington Co. our sheriffs dept. is taking some heat for sexual harrasment of female deputies. I knew Whitmill was an ass , but thought Helder was okay. You never know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.