Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time buying or selling on this site. Got taken for a ride trying to purchase broadheads and now I’m am out sixty dollars. The money is secondary. Nothing worse than a thief. My own fault, trusting someone else to honor their word. To those honorable folks, thank you.

· Registered
80 Posts
I’m the guy who listed the add for broadheads that you got scammed by. Looks like someone (not me) got between us via text, claiming to be me.

I’m resetting my passwords and setting up verification.

I’m sorry this happened to you. I’m equally mad someone is impersonating me to scam people.

Such a shame.

· Spearhead
4,149 Posts
This really sucks. Because this sight has the most trusting people generally.
Sounds like you got scammed and another got hacked.
if it’s the add for the broadheads and n the trading blanket might want to take it down.

Chad

· Premium Member
1,330 Posts
I am always worried about posting for sale but sure don’t understand what happened here. I mostly sell on Craig’s List face to face. I have posted for sale on line, got nervous from the responses and just pulled the ad.

· Super Moderator
3,011 Posts
Lawman, that is sad. I have long thought sportsman's groups, clubs and websites are among the last few safe places in America. That is partly because of peer pressure; we do not long tolerate untrustworthy people. We shun them, and call them out. That is usually enough. A few require sterner measures, including involving lawmen.

I hope you will decide to give the rest of us the benefit of the doubt and deal with us confidently. You are usually in very fine company hereabouts.

Further, I hope you will use all available means to bring justice down upon the fellow who cheated you. He cheated all of us, and that should not be tolerated. - lbg

· Registered
104 Posts
Sadly no, I used an Amazon gift card, as I don’t have, nor do I want pay pal etc.
This is exactly what pay pal is for. I know everyone is mad at them right now because of the 1099K misunderstanding, but they give you the protection against scams like this. Yes, it costs 3%, and yes they will send you a tax form if you sell over $600 but you don't actually have to pay if it's personal items sold at a loss, ie: selling old sports equipment one regular guy to another.

Paypal is all I use online, even from reputable places like Summit Racing, just in case.

I've been scammed before (not here) where the supposed item I purchased never showed up and the seller ignored all my messages after the transaction. I made one phone call to PayPal and they handled it right then and there and gave me my money back.

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m the guy who listed the add for broadheads that you got scammed by. Looks like someone (not me) got between us via text, claiming to be me.

I’m resetting my passwords and setting up verification.

I’m sorry this happened to you. I’m equally mad someone is impersonating me to scam people.

Such a shame.
I have spoken to Camacho via text. He had NOTHING to do with this. This situation is 100 percent my fault. My being an idiot hopefully does not tarnish his reputation among members on this or other sites.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Just for clarity and protection of other buyers.

Did a scammer see you were interested in the item on the forum. and then respond to you with with a private message using a similar but fake name?

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just for clarity and protection of other buyers.

Did a scammer see you were interested in the item on the forum. and then respond to you with with a private message using a similar but fake name?
No I sent a PM to the seller and a posted such looking for a response. I got a text response saying I have the heads. We texted back and forth for a little while and then I sent a payment link. 100 percent my fault. I was texting somebody I thought was the seller and it wasn’t.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts