Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just taken a lateral flow test and two red lines means I'm covid positive.
I've decamped to the spare bedroom and the guest bathroom which will be home for the next five days. Vivienne my wife has taken a test and she's all clear.
i'm going to keep a personal dairy of the events of the next 120 hours just for fun but already my body has begun to do it's thing to fightoff the intruder .... a trip to the bathroom has left me about a kilo lighter.
So I might become a bit of a forum nuisance as boredom sets in ..... I'm going to be OK though I've had all my vaccine shots and my booster shot

·
Premium Member
13,886 Posts
Phil, hope you get over it quickly. be careful.

Reactions: Phil

·
Spearhead
4,009 Posts
Phil, get well. I had it 2020 and wasn’t to bad, I know it affects everyone differently and age has a play so take it easy. Cindy quarantined with me for the 14 days and didn’t contract Covid. She did get pneumonia at the end of the quarantine and the chicken sh*t doctors refused to see her. Even tho she had been tested negative 4 times while we were quarantined.
Ended up in the ER for bilateral pneumonia, tested her for Covid and all upper respiratory viruses all negative.
had pneumonia. Er doc was pissed when we told him they refused care to her this whole time.

get well my friend

Chad

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Gentlemen very much appreciate your comments I've got some great books to read so I'll be Ok

·
Registered
31 Posts
Get well quickly. We just went through it at our house 3 weeks ago. My wife and I and our son all tested positive. We were all fortunate with fairly mild symptoms. But the energy level was really slow in coming back.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Hit me hard for 3 days, ran a half marathon 3 days after that. A fresh booster seems to be a big helper my partner had hers a week before we cought it and she barely noticed.

Reactions: Sam Dunham and Phil

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
John what sort of web sites are you visiting?

Reactions: DDD

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is that risqué samurai archery . com

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,788 Posts
I am nearing the one month mark since I got sick with Covid. Covid is gone but I am dealing with the after effects. I am still really weak and still spend most of my time laying down.

I was double boosted, but I am sensitive to respiratory infections so we were being really careful.

I'm not sure how long it will take me to get strong enough to shoot.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Wishing you very mild symptoms and a speedy recovery, Phil.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Had mine at beginning of the year. Spent two weeks in lock down. Just in case not to infect wife and son. Work paid.
Hope your feel better soon, Phil.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Just taken a lateral flow test and two red lines means I'm covid positive.
I've decamped to the spare bedroom and the guest bathroom which will be home for the next five days. Vivienne my wife has taken a test and she's all clear.
i'm going to keep a personal dairy of the events of the next 120 hours just for fun but already my body has begun to do it's thing to fightoff the intruder .... a trip to the bathroom has left me about a kilo lighter.
So I might become a bit of a forum nuisance as boredom sets in ..... I'm going to be OK though I've had all my vaccine shots and my booster shot
Good luck Phil! 3 shots should keep you in the clear, if damage done the world over before the vaccines is any indication. Experts say you need to rest 30 days at least on recovery before pushing it, to help avoid the long term bite. I know a couple of young fit folk that didn't heed that and hit the trail when feeling good again, thought they could push through it. Both were wiped out for cardio for a couple of months after, heavily fatigued by minimal exertion.

I figure you know this already, but here's a decent read on it:
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/04/23/long-covid-return-to-running/

Other thing to mention is that people that've had it breezy on their first infection can let their guard down and be totally wiped out on their 2nd or 3rd infection from a different variant. Definitely don't want to play it casual with this bastard virus, no matter how fit we think we are, until there's a vaccine that stops actual infection.

·
Premium Member
21,219 Posts
Hit me hard for 3 days, ran a half marathon 3 days after that. A fresh booster seems to be a big helper my partner had hers a week before we cought it and she barely noticed.
It was like the flu for me. I coughed for a month afterward but considering that I am 65 years old, just a bump in the road. My wife's recovery took longer but considering she has Immune def and ARDS.
She had the infusion but neither us know for sure if it actually helped?
I have been taking Vitamin supplements daily post.
My father passed on 5-30 at 89 and actually had recovered from it two months prior and was eating well a couple of days prior to his passing.
He had a UTI that went nuclear on his system.
A wasted moment worrying over our demise could be spent more wisely in gratitude for having lived 60 seconds longer.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
A wasted moment worrying over our demise could be spent more wisely in gratitude for having lived 60 seconds longer.
Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Agree worrying all the time about the pandemic is no good. I wear an n95 mask around others so I don't have to worry every time I walk into a shop and someone's coughing their lungs out in the aisles. Long covid looks miserable.

In any case, we'll all get bloody covid eventually. The question is how many times, which subvariant, and the damage done at each. Some people that cruise the one sub-variant/lineage are thwacked the 2nd/3rd/4th infection of another. Seems pretty random, regardless of health.

Seatbelt in the car, vacuum cutting arrows, mask in the shops. We have it easy. Our ancestors endured far worse.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts